Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

betelgeuse

Cessna 182Q_panel update

I wish to upgrade  both the virtual and 2D GPS panels, gauges and autopilot in this aircraft.  I run FSX in W7 x64.

There are three 2D panels - standard, VFR and IFR.

I am not sure whether to go down the Reality XP route or to use the Aspen EFD1000 from Flight1. I have a little experience with FS Panel Studio, and with editing the panel.cfg file directly.

Some folks have posted Reality XP configurations for the 182Q on other boards in the past. One of these contains gauges which have since been upgraded:  GNS530, GNS430, GNS Professional Configuration, ST3400. 

My question is if the new gauges - GNS 530 WAAS XP GPS; GNS 430 WAAS XP GPS - can be used like the old ones.  Also, what should be used in place of GNS Professional Configuration (nla) and ST3400 (FS9 only)? 

Thanks!

John

I wish to upgrade  both the virtual and 2D GPS panels, gauges and autopilot in this aircraft.  I run FSX in W7 x64.

There are three 2D panels - standard, VFR and IFR.

I am not sure whether to go down the Reality XP route or to use the Aspen EFD1000 from Flight1. I have a little experience with FS Panel Studio, and with editing the panel.cfg file directly.

Some folks have posted Reality XP configurations for the 182Q on other boards in the past. One of these contains gauges which have since been upgraded:  GNS530, GNS430, GNS Professional Configuration, ST3400. 

My question is if the new gauges - GNS 530 WAAS XP GPS; GNS 430 WAAS XP GPS - can be used like the old ones.  Also, what should be used in place of GNS Professional Configuration (nla) and ST3400 (FS9 only)? 

Thanks!

John

The 182Q is a great airplane for panel upgrades, since all the gauges

are replaceable in the virtual cockpit.

I've helped several RW 182 owners re-create their actual cockpit layout,

using a combination of RXP,  Friendly Panels, and custom gauges.

Send me a PM with your email address if you would like to see samples

and discuss how to go about it..

Examples:

post-100706-0-49422100-1389240961.jpg

post-100706-0-02860500-1389240975.jpg

Any links to the post to update gauges in fsx with C182q pls Bert?<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Any links to the post to update gauges in fsx with C182q pls Bert?

No post that I am aware of - this is custom work.. ^_^