Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edam

Flight 1 441 Conquest II or FSD Piper Cheyenne 400

Which of these planes are best? Which Pros and Cons can be statedfor them? I'm first only thinking on the planes per see not the best value for the money aspect.

I have them both. Both great planes with good visual models, and good instrumentation etc. My favorite, which you might also consider, is the Aeroworx Kingair B-200. Thats a fine turboprop airplane!Between the two you named however, I'd go with the Cheyenne. More complex IMHO.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I did not buy the 441 because i thought it was too similar to the 421, Eric what do you rekon, is it different enough from the 421 to make it worth buying?

Guest aca_dia

The Cheyenne is also in the process of getting an update so it will be even better in the near future. It is still my favorite add on aircraft even though it is a bit older now (really works great with RXP JL2 avionics).

Guest TimD

We are in the process of producing that update now. Jim Goldman has already finsihed the new visual model, which is all new using the more advanced design techniques we have developer since the gmax Cheyenne was released in 2003.I am adding more features to the systems and putting some updates in the panel artwork to reflect the newer model Cheyenne 400s. If you have a wish list for the Cheyenne now is the time to make it known. There is a thread on our support forum for that purpose. Feel free to contribute.Can't guarantee we can implement everything everybody wants, but we will consider all ideas.Keep the blue on top!http://www.fsd-international.com/team/TD_forum_sig.gif

>I have them both. Both great planes with good visual models,>and good instrumentation etc. My favorite, which you might>also consider, is the Aeroworx Kingair B-200. Thats a fine>turboprop airplane!>But is not the B-200 a rather different plane compared to the twoI was asking about?Also I'm worried about performence with the B200. If I remember right the required system was rather high.I haveAthlon XP 2400+512 M DDR 333MHz RAMRadeon 9800 PRO 128MWin XP

>I did not buy the 441 because i thought it was too similar to>the 421, Eric what do you rekon, is it different enough from>the 421 to make it worth buying?How can they be that similar? One is a turboprop and the other a piston. That would make them rather different or?

Guest aca_dia

I have all three aircraft and I do get less FPS out of the B200, but it still runs quite well on my machine. It is a slightly larger aircraft than the Cheyenne and the 441, but it is not a huge jump to the B200. The Cheyenne is the fastest (talking airspeed not FPS) of the three and I do enjoy it the most given these choices. All three aircraft are excellent though.I think you are right though for pure performance you would probably be best with the Cheyenne or 441.Douglas

Guest cw1011

The Conquest has a terrific 2-d panel and outstanding flying characteristics with the service pack. I find it one of the easiest planes to get into approach and landing formation. I love the plane a lot.

Well, the version number is the same except for the 2 that became a 4 ;)And of course they look superficially similar if you don't look at the engines, or the nose, and are therefore the same aircraft LOL.

I have the Cheyenne and the B-200 (and Navajo + Aerostar)I am most times flying the CheyenneI did not like it at first because the VC has less resolution and quality bitmap-wise than the B-200. But it just flies nicer.The outside views are always pretty, makes nice fly-bies with ActiveCamera. The spinning prop cone is the best. The seating in back has a nice ambience.The sounds are best with the Cheyenne. Only drawback like I said is the VC which is half fs2004 half fs2002 type. But they are promissing an upgrade soon. Can't wait...Now a regular Cheyenne flyer...Allen L.

Guest David Lee 2

I like the 441 but it never really feels like a turboprop to me. If you try the Aeroworx B200 you will know what I mean. On a real turboprop you can hear the turbines spin up before lighting the fires. The props don't even move until the fires are lit. My brother owns a TBM700 and I assume the 441 would feel similarly during start up. The B200 captures that process very well. I own the Cheyenne as well but that always suffered from the fast taxi speed for me. I like all three, quite frankly, but the B200 is by far the most complex (and PC thirsty I might add)David

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, I can just tell you about 'real world' experiences. I actualy owned a 421, flew the rivets off of it and loved every minute ot it, however, should I had been offered a Cheyenne for the same price . . .(LOL), I would have taken it in a heartbeat! A good friend had a Cheyenne and I pestered the snot out of him to fly it every chance I could . . . it was THAT good.I also own on my pc, the Cheyenne . . . and although I love the B200, the Cheyenne is my overall favorite for small turboprop. And, the fact that it is being revamped will make it that much better!Just my not so humble .02 cents worth.Best and HaPPY New Year to all,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

it is. The Cheyenne 400 and C441 are business aircraft, competing with lowend business jets.The B200 is far larger, on the low end of the commuter market.Completely different beast.

I don't own the Cheyenne, but have the Conquest and also its predecessor the 421C... As well as the Aeroworx B200 and most recently, the Piaggio Avanti.The thing that I love about the Conquest is its 2D panel - it's one of the crispest and most realistic 2D panels of the aircraft in my collection. The airplane flies well and is relatively simple (not a lot of advanced avionics). The VC is also nice although I tend to fly the 2D view more due to having hardware-based avionics.The 421C was fairly state of the art when it was released by Flight1 but the technology has moved on... Nonetheless it's a nice twin payware airplane.I don't have as much time in the B200 yet - I was a late-comer to the beta team and didn't get to dig in too much at the time - and I'm also still coming up to speed on the Avanti.To be honest most of my recent FS flying has been in the superb Real Air Spitfire. I know it's not in this class by a country mile but I am pretty thrilled with it, so "my" other airplanes are sitting in the hangar and pouting a bit.Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack