Sign in to follow this  
Kattz

Just a note before all the ruckus starts HERE regarding Vector

It seems like in your effort to "tell someone of" that you have gotten a bit confused?

There is nothing contained in the Avsim ToS that requires a poster to sign their post. There might be individual sub-forums that can establish their own additional rules, but those rules apply on to that sub-forum.

Do you want to offer an apology to the person you were trying to tell off, Captain???? And a little friendly advice for times in the future that you want to "tell someone off", if you feel someone is straying beyond the bounds of the Avsim ToS please feel free to hit the little Report button shown at the bottom of all posts. That way we don't have to confuse you with Paul Blart, Forum Cop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Blart:_Mall_Cop

Really? -5 for spelling, since I'm now the forum cop as you say.. I did report the post, but for what was said. And if you don't understand why, there's nothing I can say or do to help you. You are correct about the TOS, however.

And if you're going to say "Shut up a#%hole" then have the courage to do it in English so everyone understands :wub:

You realize that what I said has several meanings, right? Did you choose to use the most gutteral form on purpose? What I said to you was, "Be quiet, stupid." WHY did I say that? Because what you said about a developer is intolerable. I don't care if it is JV, or Phil at FlyTampa, or Rob Randazzo at PMDG.

The next time Rob announces "It'll be released when it's finished", I'd really like to see the reaction you'd get in that forum when you tell him "Don't be a drama queen, just release it." Yep, I know how that will turn out. In many eyes, Orbx is the PMDG of scenery.

What you have managed to do is set a bad precedent that users can call developers names and it's acceptable behavior. We as users can get our point across without belittling the devs, because they bring us so much. And I basically treated you with the same amount of respect you gave JV, although you took the language a little farther than it was.

Now, I spoke in English so everyone would understand, because according to you, only English speakers use this forum.

Really? -5 for spelling, since I'm now the forum cop as you say.. I did report the post, but for what was said. And if you don't understand why, there's nothing I can say or do to help you. You are correct about the TOS, however.

You realize that what I said has several meanings, right? Did you choose to use the most gutteral form on purpose? What I said to you was, "Be quiet, stupid." WHY did I say that? Because what you said about a developer is intolerable. I don't care if it is JV, or Phil at FlyTampa, or Rob Randazzo at PMDG.

The next time Rob announces "It'll be released when it's finished", I'd really like to see the reaction you'd get in that forum when you tell him "Don't be a drama queen, just release it." Yep, I know how that will turn out. In many eyes, Orbx is the PMDG of scenery.

What you have managed to do is set a bad precedent that users can call developers names and it's acceptable behavior. We as users can get our point across without belittling the devs, because they bring us so much. And I basically treated you with the same amount of respect you gave JV, although you took the language a little farther than it was.

Now, I spoke in English so everyone would understand, because according to you, only English speakers use this forum.

Oh deary me. Are a few people getting their panties in a twist in this thread?

I wouldn't worry about JV because he can give back just as much as he is given (and then some). And for that, you can't blame him. Randazzo? Well, in my opinion he is worse than JV but that is just my opinion. These guys make money off the punters and consumer acceptance (or not) of the way in which they carry out their marketing and customer follow up will vary from person to person for individual reasons.

If they don't like it, they of course have the option to get out of their chosen fields of operation, just like any small business owner does. It comes with the territory.

My money is still on the Aussie because he does not rely on fanbois to get his views across, even if it makes him unpopular and for that, I admire him as a business owner. 

Regardless, there is no reason for you to tell somebody to "be quiet stupid".

Perhaps you are going to report my reply as well?

No. My first post in opening this thread was the only point I had here. Sometimes I think it's a bad idea to ever go back and check on a thread once you open it...

What I said to you was, "Be quiet, stupid.

I don't know if you got that from a dictionary published in the 1950's, but you'll have to trust me, only a particularly squeamish Mormon would translate what you said as 'Be quiet, stupid'.

Because what you said about a developer is intolerable.

I don't think developers exist outside social norms for communication just because we particularly like their products (and yes, I did generally like and buy JV's products a lot when I used FSX). I happen to feel JV's reaction on his forums to legitimate criticisms of the marketing of Vector was outside those norms. That in no way relates to my respect for most of his products and actually the generally high level of support Orbx offers its customers.

What you have managed to do is set a bad precedent that users can call developers names and it's acceptable behavior

Sir, I feel you overestimate my influence. I strongly doubt hoards of downtrodden Orbx users, previously cowering behind their keyboards at JV's fearful pronouncements, will now think 'The Egg has shown us the way! We are free! Let us all call JV names!'.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Well, I speak pretty passable Japanese, and this is the context it was meant in as I said. Like much of the Japanese language, words and phrases can have multiple meanings. The only things that never change are vowel sounds. So if you took it as you stated, then I will offer an apology. However, I still think calling someone a drama queen is wrong in this case.

As far as influence, no, after reading the forums at Orbx at the Vector launch, you're right, your comment is the proverbial fly on an elephant's butt. But I think we are better than that. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Well, I speak pretty passable Japanese, and this is the context it was meant in as I said. Like much of the Japanese language, words and phrases can have multiple meanings. The only things that never change are vowel sounds. So if you took it as you stated, then I will offer an apology. However, I still think calling someone a drama queen is wrong in this case.

Don't get me wrong, no offence taken and no apology necessary. I'm a fan of open communication and saying what you mean which is why I'm keen for it to be clear for all on public forums what's being said.

I'm also a linguist with grade 1 Japanese Language proficiency and 12 years living here and while I'm well aware multiple meanings are possible, you may be aware that ending an imperative with 're' as in 'damare' is the strongest register and translating the base verb 'damaru' as 'shut up' is a kindness to you anyway:

http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=%E9%BB%99%E3%82%8B

If you want to say 'be quiet', 'shizuka ni shite' would sound better. As for 'bakayaro', if you watch Yakuza films you'll know it's the standard insult from the mouths of ne'er do wells, and I highly doubt what those guys mean is 'd'uh, stupid!'.

BTW, fun though it's been, I must apologize for dragging your thread so far off topic, and leaving it to die.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Randazzo? Well, in my opinion he is worse than JV but that is just my opinion.

Really ?? Thats news to me. RSR has always struck me as a rather nice chap, though I'm pretty sure his patience wore a bit thin with all the quack theories about PMDG and P3DV2. I've seen him be 'to the point'...but never downright rude. Then again, only owning the MD-11, I don't read the PMDG forum that much.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I didn't say anything over the quality of the product. I really want it to succeed, and I'm sure that it will improve in the future. In fact I'm trying to help, as Bernd is waiting for me to send him some corrected OSM data. But, if you want to be compared to Apple, then you really need to change your attitude towards customers (didn't Tim Cook make a public apology?) and you have to admit that the situation with mesh wasn't made clear enough. Don't expect everyone to go on support forums and look through threads to find out that you need mesh to avoid issues with Vector. It should have been posted as a notice in the product/sale page.

+1:

The VECTOR user guide is linked on the fullterrain.com product page, but not on the FSS store product page.

If the mesh situation were made sufficiently clear in the VECTOR feature list, it would also appear in FSS' product description.

does anyone know how ftx vector without mesh compares to UTX without mesh? In terms of weirdness...

I'm another who didn't realise you needed a mesh product to make vector not make the world go mental before I bought it, if that is indeed what happens.