Sign in to follow this  
Biggles2010

Avsim keeps losing login details

Why is it that every few weeks, when I try to log in to the forum, your system has lost my details.

It's becoming quite irritating having to obtain a new password in order to reset my usual one.

jbee

John B

I don't have that problem but every time I click on the link I have to put in my login information.  I haven't cleared my cookies and I click the remember me button every time.  that is quote annoying.  Today when I came here it said they would only allow 250 non-registered guests on the site and I had to log in to continue.  Anyway I know the moderators on here don't like complaining posts so this will probably get deleted or locked but yea I'm not sure what is going on here?

Why is it that every few weeks, when I try to log in to the forum, your system has lost my details.

It's becoming quite irritating having to obtain a new password in order to reset my usual one.

jbee

I looked at your account and nothing is wrong with it.  Our system has not lost your details.  Your system has lost your details.  This is the reason why you need to have cookies on your system turned on to Accept All Cookies.  This can be done in IE Internet Options>Privacy tab.  Do not understand why you are constantly asking for a new password.  All you have to do is sign in again if you were somehow logged off.  You should never log off of AVSIM.

I don't have that problem but every time I click on the link I have to put in my login information. I haven't cleared my cookies and I click the remember me button every time.

The response above should fix your problem too.  Make sure Accept all Cookies is enabled.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Firehawk44,

Thanks for the response but it fails to recognise the problem.  I could not sign in because your system had decided that my username and / or password did not exist.   I could only gain access by getting a new password and using the email link to reactivate the account.

Certainly my account should have nothing wrong with it now, because I had already used the above workaround to get access and reinstate my original password. I have been registered for a number of years and this is a relatively recent problem.

My cookie settings have not been changed for at least the last 2 years, and I am very familiar with how cookies work.  I have been building computer systems for the past 20 years.

My system has not lost my details as you suggest. Passwords are surely held on your system

Your system has a problem in that when I sign in, it will sometimes recognise my username and password, and at other times it will not do so.

This should have nothing to do with cookies.   As for the suggestion that members should never log off,  why have a sign on sign off process?   Members should be able to sign in and sign off as they require, as was the case in the past.   For the record it took 4 attempts to sign in today. The first 3 times came up as invalid username or password. The fourth attempt worked correctly.

I suspect the recent heavy loads on the system may have some bearing on this.

Jbee

John B

There is no problem with the website here and there is no way I can tell whether a member is computer literate or not. I provided more details as a courtesy which you obviously refused to accept as you have been building computer systems for the past 20 years (whatever that means).  If you have more than one account here though (you indicated you have been registered for a number of years and this is a relatively recent problem) that's against the law here (Terms of Service) and you could be banned forever if this is true.  Your current logon indicates you have been a member for only 5 months and this is your 5th post.  I will see if I can find your other account(s).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Today when I came here it said they would only allow 250 non-registered guests on the site and I had to log in to continue.

If you are a registered member why use the site as a guest?

Incidentally, the only times my details have been lost where when I've cleared my cookies.

I have the same issue as P47D, and my cookies are always on/allowed for this site. Everytime I come to the site it wont log me in automatically and I get that same message about the 250 user limit for non registered's. I have to then click and log in manually every time.

Has nothing to do with the cookies on my machine. I think this started about a week ago when for the very first time I logged into this site using my Nexus 7 tablet. Seems ever since then Avsim doesnt automatically recognize my desktop browser any longer.

I am accessing the site at around midnight west coast USA time and it said 250 unregistered guests are accessing the site.  I don't buy that at all.  So this must be a way to force people to register. No biggie except windows 7 doesn't want to save my cookies and my log in information so I have to log in each time.  It's not that bad of an issue as I don't come here every day.  I have a similar problem with the Xbox one.  Have to re-sign in every single time I play.  That sucks. 

FWIW, I can come to AVSIM any time day or night with IE11, but every time I use Chrome, I get the same "250 guests...blab" and have to "Login" again. For some reason Chrome isn't saving a cookie I guess...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

FWIW, I can come to AVSIM any time day or night with IE11, but every time I use Chrome, I get the same "250 guests...blab" and have to "Login" again. For some reason Chrome isn't saving a cookie I guess...

Chrome works fine for me Bill. If its just this site then maybe the cookie is there but is invalid (Doesn't correspond to a valid token in the database against your user) Try deleting all cookies for avsim and let it create a new one.