Sign in to follow this  
serviceceiling

737 NGX with DX10 fixer.

Hey Guys, 

recently I had some more time for flightsim and stubled across this new tool called "DX10 fixer". 

I've read quite some positive things about it, which were posted on this forum and am considering to try it out.

However, I'd still have a couple questions: 

What about the dynamic cockpit shadows and the compatibility with the 737NGX? Do the shadows look halfway decent and does the NGX run with no problems in DX10? 

If anyone is running the 737NGX with the DX10 fixer in DX10, would this person be so kind and post a couple shots, showing the dynamic cockpit shadows and the aircraft in general? 

Thank you in advance.

Thank you, Erik!

Those shots look terrific! Is that an ENB bloom or the built in FSX bloom option? I might give DX10 a shot, having the option to use DX10-native textures with REX4.

Thank you, Erik!

Thos shots look terrific! Is that an ENB bloom or the built in FSX bloom option? I might give DX10 a shot, having the option to use DX10-native textures with REX4.

Its default FSX. That is the nice thing about DX10 - using bloom without the slightest FPS hit. Last part of the Flickr-set is with REX4, the new textures are great for use in DX10.

Have fun,

Erik

I just did the jump to DX10 as well and I'm very pleased so far and like Erik confirms above the NGX works perfectly fine however I too really wish there were shadows in the virtual cockpit. I think that is one of those things that really adds to the immersion on the flight deck!

Any chance shadows in the v/c could be added to the NGX or rather the ability for shadows to show up when using DX10 with the DX10 tool?

Richard Åsberg

I just did the jump to DX10 as well and I'm very pleased so far and like Erik confirms above the NGX works perfectly fine however I too really wish there were shadows in the virtual cockpit. I think that is one of those things that really adds to the immersion on the flight deck!

Any chance shadows in the v/c could be added to the NGX or rather the ability for shadows to show up when using DX10 with the DX10 tool?

Can only be done within the VC model Richard, so only PMDG can implement it. However, it can be forced using the fixer toolbox which is found in the DX10 fixer dir. But it is forced on, and is not 100% realistic if you know what I mean.

I tried it forced on in the 777 and got ntdll errors so I turned it off.  info on how to do this is in the fixer manual. Not everyone got the ntdll error, but it was enough for me to flag it.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Can only be done within the VC model Richard, so only PMDG can implement it. However, it can be forced using the fixer toolbox which is found in the DX10 fixer dir. But it is forced on, and is not 100% realistic if you know what I mean.

I tried it forced on in the 777 and got ntdll errors so I turned it off.  info on how to do this is in the fixer manual. Not everyone got the ntdll error, but it was enough for me to flag it.

Thanks Julian, I actually read that part in the docs for DX10SF myself but it seemed a bit "dangerous" so I decided to keep away from start messing around with it and considering your experiences with the 777 maybe that was the right decision I made...

Well, guess I'll have to wait for the NGX in P3Dv2 to get my v/c shadows :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Hi, 

All these http://www.flickr.com/photos/planeblogger/sets/72157636899353884/ are the NGX used with the DX10 fixer (various versions). I haven't seen any cockpit shadows, but the combination works great nonetheless.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Hi,

It looks great Erik, such an immersion in those pictures! I don't want to bother you with asking all the addons you are using, but could you at least hint at what AI set you are using? I just have a fresh install so I'm once again looking for the best solution :).

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

It looks great Erik, such an immersion in those pictures! I don't want to bother you with asking all the addons you are using, but could you at least hint at what AI set you are using? I just have a fresh install so I'm once again looking for the best solution :).

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I use UT2 with the latest Summer 2013 schedule, and some additional paints and models installed (FAIB 737 and A320, UTT 787 and 7478, etc.)

ASNext, REX Texture Direct4 and the DX10 fixer are my other important addons.

Erik