Sign in to follow this  
crazeeflywe

FSX Freeze

The Affinitymask seems to have done the trick. It's been several months and I've had no freezes.

Pete Locascio

The Affinitymask seems to have done the trick. It's been several months and I've had no freezes.

That's great! 

Going to try this too. I have the 8 min freeze randomly on flights. Can hit me once, twice or three times on a 4 hour sector. Very annoying when you have a limited window of time to fly. I use ASN and do suspect it is related but am reluctant to fly without it and don't currently use Affinity tweak. Going to give it a try and will report back.

What I have noticed with recent 8 min freezes is that just prior to unfreezing, I get a Loading terrain data with the progress bar running quickly and then I am 'on my merry way' again. When this happens I also notice that the aircraft clock is usually suddenly out by 1 hour for each freeze but minutes are correct. This has nothing to do with the known ASUS BIOS clock issue though as Windows time is still spot on after the flight.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor