Sign in to follow this  
PEDRO SEPULVEDA

Help whit extreme pro 3D and 777 PMDG

Good morning , I write asking for your help , do not know if anyone can help me with a fault that occurs in my fsx and when flight with 777 PMDG to leave momentarily simulator to see information in any web browser, or when changing task and return to the simulator no longer recognizes the jostick , if the computer still recognizes fsx but it does not, I tried installing the most updated driver and sometimes jostick it again but do recognize the same procedure of task switching and return to fsx , it fails to recognize , and on several occasions has blocked me simulator that creates a grave error. With the other default or payware aircraft like the extended , or carenado this failure does not occur.

here I provide some data

pc: asus N56V icore 7 3630qm 2.4ghz 16 gb ram

operating system windows 8 professional 64bit

fsx de luxe

Logitech extreme 3d pro jostick

I appreciate the help you can give me

Pedro Sepulveda

That's weird. I do have the Extreme 3D Pro, no FSUIPC, no joystick drivers (just default auto installation from Windows side) and Windows 7 - all runs good, no issues at all. There is definitely a chance that you are having this problem due to Windows 8 (I don't think the old FSX architecture helps) and I'm not sure to what extend PMDG supports Win8. It might be something else though.. just my two cents.

That's weird. I do have the Extreme 3D Pro, no FSUIPC, no joystick drivers (just default auto installation from Windows side) and Windows 7 - all runs good, no issues at all. There is definitely a chance that you are having this problem due to Windows 8 (I don't think the old FSX architecture helps) and I'm not sure to what extend PMDG supports Win8. It might be something else though.. just my two cents.

truth thanks your help is very valuable, I will continue looking for a solution Greetings from Colombia

Windows 8 or 8.1 related issue, I have the same. You just have to avoid switching out of fsx. Mouse view using spacebar still works however. I would be interested to see if this affects other games as well that use wheels or joysticks etc.

Windows 8 or 8.1 related issue......

Alright, yeah, that's what I thought at first. Now you got it confirmed from someone also running Windows 8 as you do. Looks like to only complete solution would be to hop back to Windows 7. 

Alright, yeah, that's what I thought at first. Now you got it confirmed from someone also running Windows 8 as you do. Looks like to only complete solution would be to hop back to Windows 7. 

ok thanks for your answer, that w7 is better for fsx Mark

ok thanks for your answer, that w7 is better for fsx Mark

To be honest, I actually saw a slight improvement in performance on Windows 8.1 vs Windows 7, I have just learnt to cope with this issue, it is the only thing that does not work for me. Generally, you should avoid alt-tabbing out of FSX anyhow, it can sometimes cause other problems. I use a networked laptop so I can access files on main PC if needed, and use the laptop for all planning, charts etc etc.

I would still like to know if this issue is FSX-specific or affects other games\apps.

To be honest, I actually saw a slight improvement in performance on Windows 8.1 vs Windows 7, I have just learnt to cope with this issue, it is the only thing that does not work for me. Generally, you should avoid alt-tabbing out of FSX anyhow, it can sometimes cause other problems. I use a networked laptop so I can access files on main PC if needed, and use the laptop for all planning, charts etc etc.

I would still like to know if this issue is FSX-specific or affects other games\apps.

ok 77west understand then it is best to install windows 7 ultimate on my laptop to avoid this error but since the w8 and w8.1 still are not good for fsx, thank you very much for your contributions

What I meant was, the ONLY Windows 8 issue I have experienced is the joystick not responding. If you want to revert to 7, just make sure your computer fully supports it.