Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

patcal

FSX piston engine start

I have had this problem multiple times before.  I have FSX with Acceleration installed I can't start any piston engines.  CTRL-E does not work.  Default or 3rd party planes.  Jets will start, pistons will not.  If I uninstall Acceleration & install SP2 everything is fine.  I have tried different startup situations, deleted my FSX config.  I have had this happen on 3 different computers with different operating systems with no change.  For the record FS2004 works perfect.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Pat

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have had this problem multiple times before.  I have FSX with Acceleration installed I can't start any piston engines.  CTRL-E does not work.  Default or 3rd party planes.  Jets will start, pistons will not.  If I uninstall Acceleration & install SP2 everything is fine.  I have tried different startup situations, deleted my FSX config.  I have had this happen on 3 different computers with different operating systems with no change.  For the record FS2004 works perfect.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Pat

Whats your mixture controls set at?

Ctrl e doesn't automatically open fuel valves. Did you check to ensure they are open?

I have the mixture controls to full rich since the scenery is MSL.  The fuel valves are open as per CTRL-SHIFT-F4.  I have tried the Flight1 default situation.  Nothing seems to work but uninstalling Acceleration & reinstalling SP2.

Pat

Do you mean they won't start at all or that they start and then immediately die.  If they start even a little and then die out, open your throttles a touch as pistons won't start if you don't give them a little gaas.