Sign in to follow this  
FSXDan

How do I get these 3D views on the PMDG 737?

Hey everyone, This is an absolutely noob question but ive tried to search for it everywhere even the manual with no luck.

Maybe Im sure using the wrong search keywords, but anywho:

How do you change views within the cockpit like the 3D way, and zoom into the FMC the way its done in this video, how the pilot looks like hes moving within the cockpit (first person), how?

Thanks for the help!

Daniel Maris

Yes, that's EZdok!

See my latest video at:

along with many other videos available on YouTube prepared by other users.

JJ

musicalaviator just uses Spacebar+mouse movement & scroll wheel.

Occasionally I use FSrecorder to set up a really slow pan, but only really used in "artistic" videos, not the ones where I just fly on Vatsim and record the whole flight unedited.

awesome!! just purchased it loving it!, how do people have crazy smooth FPS, is it just my rig or is there something in the settings im missing. Im playing this on a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro 15" with an i7 3720 2.6ghz and geforce Nvidia Geforce GT 650M.

Anywho, last question

How do you get the taskbar I also see in other videos, the taskbar has like a arrival checklist, also has buttons of different panels you can pull up on the go, whats that called for the pmdg?

Daniel Maris

That may be a different piece of software. Not sure what you mean, might be Aivlasoft EFB?

awesome!! just purchased it loving it!, how do people have crazy smooth FPS, is it just my rig or is there something in the settings im missing. Im playing this on a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro 15" with an i7 3720 2.6ghz and geforce Nvidia Geforce GT 650M.

Anywho, last question

How do you get the taskbar I also see in other videos, the taskbar has like a arrival checklist, also has buttons of different panels you can pull up on the go, whats that called for the pmdg?

We build desktops just for fsx look at my specs and even with that I still only get In the mid 20s at at payware airports in the ngx. Also what tweaks have you added to your cfg and are you running in DX 10 mode? Dx10 mode is a lot smoother even though fps stay the same take a look in the dx10 section of the fourm for how to get setup Just an fyi If you ever build a system and don't have a low budget use Intel if you build a system and do have a low budget get the AMD fx-8350 and overclock it to 4.5ghz.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

"awesome!! just purchased it loving it! . . ."

Don't forget to update the version you just bought from Flight One to version 1.17 available from EZdok's Forum under 'Announcements' at the very top of the forum posts.

"How do you get the taskbar I also see in other videos . . . "

You might be referring to FS2Crew. Check it out for the 737NGX.

JJ

We build desktops just for fsx look at my specs and even with that I still only get In the mid 20s at at payware airports in the ngx. Also what tweaks have you added to your cfg and are you running in DX 10 mode? Dx10 mode is a lot smoother even though fps stay the same take a look in the dx10 section of the fourm for how to get setup Just an fyi If you ever build a system and don't have a low budget use Intel if you build a system and do have a low budget get the AMD fx-8350 and overclock it to 4.5ghz.

So i always read about the fsx.cfg and when i get to the tutorial theres a million things to do and not to do, so I got confused and walked away. Is there a basic "change this to this" within the .cfg? also where is the .cfg located so I can look at it?

and no, i have not seen the dx10 section but am very interested, I looked it up and see that I should be running preview directx10 already? ive never had that checked. Also is this the item thats for purchase on the flightsim store for 36AUD, or is it the free patch file on avsim library? If i purchase this should I turn the preview DX 10 on in FSX or off?

Daniel Maris

There is a freeware set of shaders that fixes most issues for dx10 as for the cfg look at Word Not Allowed s guide

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.