Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Anyone having issues with loading FSX at EIDW?

Howdy Team!

FSX crashes every time I try to load at EIDW during daytime.  Anyone run into this?

Thanks!  Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hi Dennis

At what stage of the loading process does the crash happen? Do you just use default EIDW scenery or a payware/freeware EIDW? Do you have any other addons for the Dublin area or even Ireland as a whole?

I had problems some years ago with EINN crashing during the 'terrain' phase of the loading process and it was due to a conflict with another addon.

Kind regads,

Bill

If it is only during daytime I'd assume you either have traffic addon which uses real schedules and you overloaded your system or weather engine which in my case loads more data during the day and causes more performance loss.

But this is just a guess - list of addons and cfg pls

Interesting observation guys!

I use Opus FSX for weather.  I do not suspect this is the culprit as this issue goes back years and back then I utilized Active Sky as my weather engine and the same situation happened.  I do utilize AI traffic and in all honesty, my AI traffic is very loaded - I have every airline in existence pretty much.  The crash always occurs at 91-92%, which is when traffic is being loaded.  The funny thing is that this only happens during daytime - it is not an issue at night time.  I just did a test where I removed my EuropeTraffic.bgl file and I was able to successfully load EIDW various times so I think traffic is the issue.  My question is, why would this happen at EIDW and not at other much more crowded airports?  Any ideas?

Thanks!  Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Maybe you have a problem with a particular plane that serves the airport? Bad texture file blows up the game?

I had the same problem with the Eiresim add on version of EIDW ,ended up buying a registerd version of Fsuipc to avail of the g3.dll fix and that solved the problem fo me.

Who knows - it could be.  I need to little by little go through every airline and check every aircraft.  Painstaking project.

Thanks!

Dennis

Hey John!  Can you provide a little more information on this?  I have a registered version of FSUIPC but I do not have the G3.dll file on my computer.  I may need to have that file installed!!!

Thanks for any input.

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

I can understand your frustration! If you are anything like me, when you find something amiss, it keeps bugging you until it gets sorted!

However, rather than going through every airline and aircraft why not just try eliminating the airlines that serve Dublin? If you are not seeing it anywhere else in Europe then perhaps it is not a major airline causing the conflict but a small one such as City Jet or Aer Arann or some other small (?cargo) carrier that serves EIDW?

Bill

Good idea Bill!  Thanks for the hint!  I will keep this thread updated once I figure out how to fix the issue.

Thanks!

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

Hey John! Can you provide a little more information on this? I have a registered version of FSUIPC but I do not have the G3.dll file on my computer. I may need to have that file installed!!!

Dennis, the G3D.dll is a DLL file in FSX. You don't need anything other than FSUIPC to intercept a G3D error. You would need to consult your FSUIPC.log txt to verify if it did trap one. As you only get to 90 odd %, it is highly unlikly you will get a log.

G3D errors, as a rule, happen with missing scenery objects etc. Orbx scenery's and a lot of Aerosoft addon airports seem to have this problem, like mega airport Brussels.

As others have suggested, I would certainly check for a rouge AI plane.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.