Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

One Cessna shot and more Malibu shots

Back in 1984, when I first flew FS-II on a C64 at a whopping 4-6 fps, I never knew sims would look like this....

John

001_zps5863304d.jpg

003_zps3c8f031e.jpg

004_zps49d9c7d7.jpg

006_zpscde2c6df.jpg

005_zps766e3db0.jpg

002_zpsf3126d43.jpg

008_zps43a23611.jpg

007_zps1aa6abd6.jpg

009_zps989216a3.jpg

Mega Scenery does make it look awesome and you can fly VFR with real landmarks.. I wish there was some sort of autogen.  The US Cities X and ORBX makes the scenery look so amazing which blows my mind as well.  I was back on the monochrome versions with simple sticks on an orange screen.

Mega Scenery does make it look awesome and you can fly VFR with real landmarks.. I wish there was some sort of autogen.  The US Cities X and ORBX makes the scenery look so amazing which blows my mind as well.  I was back on the monochrome versions with simple sticks on an orange screen.

This is actually Blue Sky Scenery, offered up on this site:

http://www.blueskyscenery.eu/

The coverage is pretty extensive in the Southwest.  It took me almost a year to download it all--the only part I have missing is Colorado (except the Denver vicinity), since those files were taken down--maybe one day they will appear again since Colorado is such a beautiful state.  But the areas I do have--almost all of California, almost all of Wyoming, A fair chunk of Nevada and Utah, and much of my home of Arizona, are outstanding.

To assure sharpness I also defragged and prioritized the Blue Sky scenery folder--that helped a lot so there is rarely a lag when a texture loads.  As for autogen, I wouldn't care for it over photoreal scenery--it would detract from the realism for me.

Regards,

John

Flying over the real world is priceless!

HLJAMES

This is actually Blue Sky Scenery, offered up on this site:

http://www.blueskyscenery.eu/

I wanted to mention for anyone who went to Gottfried Razek's site that his url now seems to be www.blueskyscenery.com....  The link with the .eu domain appeared to change yesterday.

John