Sign in to follow this  
Haafingar

737 PMDG NGX

Hello, i got some questions about the PMDG 737 NGX, well im used to the default 737 but after i saw the PMDG i got that one instead. 

So when i gonna fly from A-B i always use APP Button, but when im in the air and press it nothing happens.
So how to fix this?

And when i want to autoland with the default 737 i just enter the runway freq into NAV1 and press APP button and the plane land for me descending and all, i just take autopilot off 2 secs before i touch down.

So the second thing, how to autoland with the PMDG 737 it seems not to be in same way as the dafault 737?....

I have been looking on youtube to solve the problems i have, but i dont get it.

I will also be glad if someone will give me a simple step by step guide how to do

Well thats everything for this time 

Regards From Filip Gustavsson

Hello, i got some questions about the PMDG 737 NGX, well im used to the default 737 but after i saw the PMDG i got that one instead. 

So when i gonna fly from A-B i always use APP Button, but when im in the air and press it nothing happens.

So how to fix this?

And when i want to autoland with the default 737 i just enter the runway freq into NAV1 and press APP button and the plane land for me descending and all, i just take autopilot off 2 secs before i touch down.

So the second thing, how to autoland with the PMDG 737 it seems not to be in same way as the dafault 737?....

I have been looking on youtube to solve the problems i have, but i dont get it.

I will also be glad if someone will give me a simple step by step guide how to do

Well thats everything for this time 

Regards From Filip Gustavsson

Welcome Filip, as you are a new member to the forums I understand.

You must know that the PMDG-level of simulation is much more advanced than the default one you fly with in FSX.

The systems are more modeled and more input is needed to guide your airplane safely down to the runway.

I advise you to read the manuals!

But, you want to know how to operate this airplane to perform an ILS approach:

1. Enter the frequencies on both NAV1 and NAV2.

2. Enter the correct CRS (courses) in the course window on your MCP. For both the captain and the 1st officer.

3. Now you can capture the localizer, make sure you are on a right heading and capture it. (also remember to capture the glideslope from below)

4. DO NOT ENGAGE APP yet. 

5. As soon as the pink symbol, the diamond for the G/S, moves down you can engage on the CMD L +R, (so both at he same time)

6. Then, you can engage the APP immediately after the previous step.

7. You will notice single channel.

8. This changes at nearly 1,000ft to LAND 3, this is the autoland.

Hope this helped you out a bit.

Also do not forget to configure properly before the landing. So you must have a Vref speed for landing and a flap setting. I suggest you read the part of the FMC in the manuals, as it is from there where you obtain the info about the frequencies and the approach speeds needed, flap settings accordingly to the weight of the AC during the approach. 

You also must keep in mind, that not all the FMC ILS-frequencies correspond with the FSX ILS-frequencies. The FMC has the updated ones, while FSX has the outdated ones.

Look into this tool for ILS-freq. changes, I highly recommend and is easy to use: 

Airport Design Editor 160

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I must add that anybody can jump into the default 737 and fly it, as that is the nature of the default aircraft. The systems are fairly simplified and easy to use. The default aircraft isn't very realistic, but wasn't necessarily intended to be, either. The PMDG 737, on the other hand, is intended to simulate the real 737. With such a complex aircraft, reading the manual is necessary. Flying the tutorial flights will help as well. Anyone can fly the default 737, but it takes time, effort, and practice to get the hang of the PMDG 737, or any other complex aircraft, for that matter.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Welcome to the forums, Filip. :smile:

I recommend you take some time to go through the tutorials and study the aircraft's systems. Unlike the default 737, the NGX has pretty much every system modelled, making for a far greater challenge. It's so close to the real thing that real pilots use it during their conversion courses. This means that to fly from A to B using the autopilot, you have to program the FMC and use specific modes on the MCP so that the aircraft will follow the flight plan and fly along to its destination. 

These terms might seem daunting at first, but the tutorial makes them feel like second nature. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

bonjour pourquoi mes fans de reacteur ne tournent pas a l exterieur alors qu ils sont en marche dans l avion ?il y a un rond blanc fixe et il faut reprendre un appareil pour qu ils tournent et que les phares s allument ??merci de votre reponse

Fly the tutorials. As the others have said above, it's meant to simulate the real thing, and it is worlds away, in terms of realism and complexity from the default one. It looks hard at first to learn all these systems, but take your time, and you'll find that you can't fly with anything that's less complex and detailed.  :smile:

First ...Read the manual.......As well as that go to YouTube and type in Froogle.sim.......All the answers  are there........This sim is complicated.........not like the delault 737 400......

I have seen a few posts like this : first and foremost - don't try and fly a complex SID departure into an FMS programmed step climb followed by a hold into a last minute wind-changed STAR down to an offset localiser approach followed by a go-around to hold due to weather minimums...on 1 engine! 

The PMDG 737NGX may be able to do all this easily...and you will be able to as well in time - guaranteed!

Just take some time with the basics and then ramp up. Spend a lilttle time with the tutorials or head-down in the FMS if you want - or set up a simple straight out departure, and just head direct to a nearby intersection - then just chuck the departure airport back on the end again and go in using basic HDG, ALT HOLD, and SPEED AP modes...or even better no AP at all! Then crack out some visual circuits, great way to get a feel for the aircraft.

Then just progress to more complex instrument flight and delve a little deeper into the manuals. Maybe research a little on holds, or sort a nice short route with a standard SID and STAR, set no weather and just fly it a few times.

In RL aircraft conversion courses, especially in the military, it is keep up or get kicked out...force fed massive amounts of information that you better remember.  But this sim is yours...take your time and get there in stages.  I am re-reading the RL P-3K systems manuals every week.. and have been for years and still don't remember everything perfectly. You certainly don't need to either - manuals that massive are there for your reference - use them as such. 

I guarantee you will enjoy the 737NGX a great deal more if you don't let it overwhelm you with complexity and thousands of pages of manuals, and just slowly discover what it can do - nothing like making that aircraft your own and having full control over her - eventually!

B)

I guarantee you will enjoy the 737NGX a great deal more if you don't let it overwhelm you with complexity and thousands of pages of manuals, and just slowly discover what it can do - nothing like making that aircraft your own and having full control over her - eventually!

The NGX, is like a girl, and you're gonna date her. Take it slow, and smooth, You'll find that she has some quirks here and there and she can be annoying sometimes but you'll be in love with it like no other plane  :wub: