Sign in to follow this  
PinkJackal

High altitude blurry textures

Hello guys! I have this problem with x-plane, when I fly an airliner at 35000FT the ground looks very blurry, I know this is x-plane limitation, I've just read about it, what i want to know is, if we can limit the visibility to 25 nm so the blurry texture doesn't show anymore? 

I've just started to invest in X-plane and this limitation is killing me, as I only fly airliners!!!!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

I know what you feel Albert... :-/

Anyway, apparently, 10.30 will bring a fix for those blurries!!! For the time being, that's our only hope right now :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I hope for the best! Meanwhile I will enjoy the smoothness of X-plane it's magnificent, my PC can finally show his power!!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Hello,

Until we'll get a better solution from Laminar Research, there's a workaround. Better orbit textures:

Freeware: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=15199

Payware: http://www.fspilotshop.com/taburet-xporbit-scenery-enhancement-for-plane-p-3991.html

But for this, you need a graphic board with enough video RAM.

The strange thing is ... is that sometimes they are not blurry.  I have been on flights at or above FL300 and did not have blurry textures.  But I have also had many flights (most) where I do have blurry textures.  It is a bit of a killjoy, especially when I am flying on VATSIM and everything else is just about as close to perfection as you can get :)

Guys,it's not a problem with XP10,it's meant to be like this in order to prevent (or help) OOM's when XP10 was only 32bit.

In 10.20 64bit came out,and the next major release is 10.30,LR stated that after the 64bit version they'll load more DSF's at the distance (Now 6, after te "fix" they said 12) and all will be good,I just hope that it'll come with 10.30and I'm prety sure it'll.

+1

This is the reason why my FF777 has been consigned to the hangar for the last few months!

Cruise level is a bit of a barf fest; if the weather is clear you see the mush, if not you see weird white out effects which aren't much better.

I must sound like a sheep stuck in a dip bleating on about this but let's hope and pray to the gods of XP.

Guest Mik75

+1

This is the reason why my FF777 has been consigned to the hangar for the last few months!

Cruise level is a bit of a barf fest; if the weather is clear you see the mush, if not you see weird white out effects which aren't much better.

I must sound like a sheep stuck in a dip bleating on about this but let's hope and pray to the gods of XP.

If you haven't done so yet, check out the threads and the many screenshots here on AVSIM, concerning the raleigh and cloud shadow tweaks, done with a plugin called dataref editor! By changing some values in the art controls of the running sim, you can get a whole new look within XPX, you can even get rid of the white outs and the result is the most realistic looking sim available right now! It's time to take the T7 out of the hangar!

What is a white out?

Laminar introduced an effect, if entering clouds to generate a complete grey/white layer, in conclusion that the pilot might not see anything. This effects is combined to cloud layers and visibility limits. However it also happens when you fly through a layer, which is only partly. So you have a white out, despite the fact you are not or only partly in clouds.

They thought to gain rendering power, when in clouds. Since XP is now 64bit, such tricks can be changed in future... 

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.