Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

XFMC and UFMC...

I'm considering one of these...

Other than the fact that UFMC is payware, and has a custom version for x737 ( an aircraft I do not use ) and XFMC is freeware, what is you experience with both Universal FMCs availavle for X-plane 10?

The following video for version 2 looks great, and latest version available is 2.1:

XFMC V2

With which aircraft are you using any of the two?

Thx for any hints / suggestions...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I bought UFMC for the x737 last year, but haven't really used it since. It works as expected, and the behaviour is somewhat similar to one in the PMDG 737, but it was more clunkier to use and didn't perform too well. That being said, it was possible to update the data, and also use it in other aircraft besides the 737. 

If I remember I removed it, as it has an really annoying activation scheme, where you need to contact the author for a key. After changing computers, I never bothered to reinstall it, as i had to request a download link, and then send them a key and then wait again. 

Now that you're trying Linux, be aware that UFMC/X737FMC is not Linux compatible anymore.

This way of silently dropping support for an OS is not quite correct, but anyway...

I've used X-FMC 2.1 with Ddenn's Challenger 300 and it works great; it has it quirks, sure, but it is much preferable to the simplistic stock FMC. I'd definitely recommend it. Get it now for the low, low price of $FR.EE!

Yes, X-FMC is nice. But X737-FMC is well integrated with the EADT's x737, and I don't fly this excellent (freeware AND Linux compatible-) plane anymore because the commercial plugin doesn't do Linux anymore.

I've used both but stopped using uFMC due to issues I was having tracking SID waypoints a while back and which eventually put me off completely. I am also not keen on the take off routine, which if you don't do certain things just at the right time can really mess up the climb phase. No offence to the author but in general I just find it too annoying and a bit buggy. Other people's mileage may vary of course.

xFMC on the other hand is slightly less elaborate but more reliable in my experience, and free.

Thank you guys....

For me, and from now on, no Linux support means no go!

I really think we must protect the initial "spirit" of the X-Plane Project, as multi-platform, and that means, Windows, Mac and Linux !!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...