Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Horrible FPS with clouds at cruise level

Not sure what is causing this but my fps are down to 7 fpps and 14 fps with the ngx. It happens while at higher altitudes only. When I look away from the clouds/horizon ie the overhead panel my fps go back up to the 30's/. and when Im at lower altitudes flying through the clouds Im fine. Im using 1024 for my textures (just using the default fsx clouds anyways) I set everything up like it said in the how to doc.

here is a pic of my inspector settings. Also in my fsx  settings Im using the  ansiotropic and anti alasing, mid 2x water, no ai traffic, no ground traffic  at all. My cloud draw distance is set to 100 miles through ASN

post-149829-0-87119200-1390353336.jpg

Only thing I can think of is the cloud draw distance. I have mine set to 70

Exactly the same with me, my fps are dropping to 15 in the cloud, out it's smooth with 30fps. I finally decided to switch back to DX9 because I was unable to find a solutions at this issue.

Not sure what is causing this but my fps are down to 7 fpps and 14 fps with the ngx. It happens while at higher altitudes only. When I look away from the clouds/horizon ie the overhead panel my fps go back up to the 30's/. and when Im at lower altitudes flying through the clouds Im fine. Im using 1024 for my textures (just using the default fsx clouds anyways) I set everything up like it said in the how to doc.

here is a pic of my inspector settings. Also in my fsx  settings Im using the  ansiotropic and anti alasing, mid 2x water, no ai traffic, no ground traffic  at all. My cloud draw distance is set to 100 miles through ASN

Are you using Steve's Fixer?

It has two options to subtly reduce the amount of cloud in the far distance.

Try turning off sparse grid super sampling just to see how that is affecting things.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

This is with Steves fixer at 40-60 fps

Michael

l5tl.jpg

dxyt.jpg

kdis.jpg

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Coupla things:-

4.5 with a 580 vs 4.7 with a 780, and a different Inspector setup. 2x SGAA with a -1.000 LOD bias?

There can be many reasons for the issue, but the first is the main reason.

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Yes.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.