Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Smoke effect

How to get rid of that smoke under the plane ?

I have tried to remove various water and snow effect from FSX but still have it.

post-292902-0-05266300-1390385802.jpg

Artur 

Hello Artur,  I queried this a long time ago and I was told it is an FSX visual and apparently nothing can be done about it (open to debate). However, it seems to occur during the winter season where depending on where you are in the world and simulates the tyre heat coming in contact with cold conditions. Hope this answer is correct. Richard Welsh.

THis is an aeffect that almost never appear to me unless the throttles are not fully in idle. Once i saw that smoke i zoom in near the tyres and saw that they were spinning.

I have this 'smoke' also in the air ..., i see that when looking at replays.

This 'smoke' is not coming from tires but directly from middle of fuselage, which makes this effect even more strange looking.

There must be some file which generates this effect...

Artur 

i have this on any plane if you are on the ground during winter or when it rains. I have had this bug / issue for years

Stewart Cumbers

It was reported here before.

I think it is clouds, not smoke.

Is this a fresh new flight, or did you save a flight after landing and started a new session from this save flight. If yes then it could be clouds from you last flight.

You should not have this when creating a flight from scratch.

Ah, here is that previous thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/425760-777f-smoke-below-the-fuselage/

Rob Robson

It's mist if it's anything...

It's meant to represent blowing snow, or water being kicked up off of the ramp by air rushing under the plane (which you'll see on the ramp, so it's valid, even if it's a buggy effect).

You can't do anything to fix the effect to still have the effect work properly.

You can remove the effect from the effects folder to remove the effect (and its bugginess) entirely.

Kyle Rodgers

I had this once with the NGX 737 and there was a fix for it but I can't remember what it was. I suggest you try a ticket to PMDG, I think they gave me the answer..

Rob

Try this:

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/17843/fsx-effects-package-12/

I installed it and to me it looks like it reduced the effects or at least made the

effects less outstanding. Why it is still around even when standing still is one of the famous FSX bugs.

Just some tweaked files in the /effects folder.

Give it a try and come back. Backup the originals first or rename them.

/Per

Sweden

Per W Sweden