Sign in to follow this  
TurboTomato

Italy photoscenery

I've searched, and try as I might, I can't find any large-scale photoscenery for Italy. Am I missing something?

I found quite a lot about the canned SIRX project (which looked fantastic) and some by Mazzokan but they're mainly FS2004.

Are we just going to have to wait until the likes of MSE decide to do Italy?

It's a shame that there isn't as at the moment you can go all the way from the end of the Iberian peninsular to Holland and northern Germany over photoscenery but Italy is sadly lacking and I'm sure it would look fantastic.

FSET , that will download the Photoscenery for you. Search in the forum to get the app.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Yeah I have done that but actually creating the photoscenery in FSET is not the work of a few hours, and I am a busy man  :P  :P

You can download small areas at 1m resolution everyday B)  I used to do that ,  Shhh from my office on a  10MBps .

I did consider it - I have a reasonable connection at home (6-8Mbps) and unlimited downloads - but I still think it would take way too long as you'd have to do masks for the coastlines etc and you'd have to do it in small batches otherwise the intermediary BMP it creates would be huge (as I understand it at least).

I'd rather pay someone like MSE to do it for me! It wouldn't even need to be 50cm or 1m, 2m would do me just fine as I have that for France (from Scenerybox) and it looks great when flying tubeliners.

Yeah it will be huge.  Hope someone can get you the scenery.

The frustrating thing is that it all seems to be there as the SIRX project - in fact they have covered Italy (including Sicily and Sardinia), all of Switzerland, Corsica and Slovenia, most of Austria, and some of Croatia. All at very high res. Have a look here:

http://sirx.flightsimulatorcenter.com/ground_scenery/mappa_caselle.aspx?mappa=italia

The frustrating thing is that it all seems to be there as the SIRX project - in fact they have covered Italy (including Sicily and Sardinia), all of Switzerland, Corsica and Slovenia, most of Austria, and some of Croatia. All at very high res. Have a look here:

http://sirx.flightsimulatorcenter.com/ground_scenery/mappa_caselle.aspx?mappa=italia

yeah, but they do have a download page where you need to log in , is it freeware or payware ? Its some european language, but it does have a scenery and texture download.

Ah just saw  the top , only for developers. Why not contact and ask them for the scenery.

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/italy.html%C2'>

yeah, but they do have a download page where you need to log in , is it freeware or payware ? Its some european language, but it does have a scenery and texture download.

Ah just saw  the top , only for developers. Why not contact and ask them for the scenery.

Yes a couple years back I signed up then found out it was locked for developers only.  So what the heck is it for?  I would love to get a full set of this scenery.

SIRX2009 perhaps the most complete and complex work ever created for FSX designed to meet the parameters required for flight training

From their website.  So how do you become a developer ( I guess that means persons building the project) and perhaps it's only for commercial training purposes, flying training?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Seems like a prime MSE candidate Italy

I would be surprised if it's not one of their next European products

Yes a couple years back I signed up then found out it was locked for developers only.  So what the heck is it for?  I would love to get a full set of this scenery.

SIRX2009 perhaps the most complete and complex work ever created for FSX designed to meet the parameters required for flight training

From their website.  So how do you become a developer ( I guess that means persons building the project) and perhaps it's only for commercial training purposes, flying training?

From what I can gather it's the Italian government that has stopped it from being publicly available. So it's pretty much an en-pass.  

Seems like a prime MSE candidate Italy

I would be surprised if it's not one of their next European products

I hope so, if not then I hope MSE are reading this! There are plenty of people that would purchase an Italian photoscenery package.

Just to add, full coverage of Sardinia is available from the AVSIM library :good:

It's a shame that there isn't as at the moment you can go all the way from the end of the Iberian peninsular to Holland and northern Germany over photoscenery but Italy is sadly lacking and I'm sure it would look fantastic.

One of the reason why I moved to XPlane. 

I like XP10 but am yet to be totally convinced. Are you saying that there's photoscenery for the entire of Western Europe with XP?

Edit: just seen it on another XP thread. That's more than impressive. And a massive pull towards XP10. Hmmmm...

If you missed it, there is everything you need for a complete Italy photo scenery here.

You can choose between a light (40GB) 2m/pixel single season or the full 1m/pixel 2 seasons (400GB), very high quality!

A must have.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites