Sign in to follow this  
stevefromio

I am not spending $10k on Scenery

I was trying to get hold of it recently as well but found it quite difficult. If I remember correctly I got it from AVSIMRus (nothing to do with this place btw).

Nope

Dead link

Account suspended.

The link is back up. It's on one of those stupid free providers that needs me to login once a month, completely forgot about it this month.

FSET-1.03

Even the sims the airlines use don't have what you are asking for.  They have very detailed airports and surroundings that are important for navigation/recognition - but the rest of the world is bland - it's meshed well - but it's bland generic textures...

Nope
Dead link
Account suspended.

Now you owe me a "thumbs up" also.

Also, I'd like to say that ORBX regions do a good job, although of course they cannot come even close to photoreal, and for people who actually know a certain area it may be completely wrong, but not knowing the American West Coast at all, I can say that their regions are really great!

However, Orbx regions do contain varying levels of photo scenery integrated into surrounding optimized landclass.  Since Alaska was specifically mentioned earlier... last night, I flew from PAJN (Juneau) to PAVD (Valdez) in Orbx' SAK region - late June with ASN historic wx.  Massive glaciers dominate off the right wing for pretty much the entire route, and most of those glaciers are photo based.  It makes for a very convincing flight.  Note, the effect is better in summer than it is in winter, when surface "snow cover" masks some of the glacier details.

Scott