Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

So is this what to expect with P3D v2 add-on pricing?

I think A LOT of users have forgotten the uproar after FSX came out.  It was obvious to all the ACES team used

state of the art graphics workstations to write and test FSX.  FSX ran like an absolute DOG on 98% of consumer

PCs.  Then all the tweaking started.....ACES did 2 service packs one of which allowed a very small amount of

code to be run on a 2nd core.  After 2-3 years we started to get a handle on what was going on inside FSX and

what tweaks were needed. We saw the potential of FSX but we and ACES knew a pile of code had to be rewritten.

Next thing we know ACES is dead and Flight comes and goes. LM steps in and so far I am VERY impressed with

the way things have gone.  LM seems WAY more open to the FSing community even though they have towed the

Microsoft line about P3D not being "entertainment". 

All I'm saying is FSX basically fell flat on it's face when it first came out. Maybe a lot of the complainers weren't

around that 1st 6 months to a year after FSX's release.

CK