Sign in to follow this  
teopereira

Request to "proceed direct" to a waypoint?

How do I request to proceed direct to a waypoint that is in my flightplan? Is that possible in VOXATC?

Thanks!

Teo,

Controllers direct aircraft.

What you are asking for is a change in your flight plan /// your originally filed IFR flight plan.

Why would you want to do that?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Vaughan, I'm not sure about the US, but in the UK it is quite common for either ATC to grant a DIR TO or for pilots to request it as a short cut in quieter times.

Currently VoxATC doesn't support such a request.

Vaughan, I'm not sure about the US, but in the UK it is quite common for either ATC to grant a DIR TO or for pilots to request it as a short cut in quieter times.

Currently VoxATC doesn't support such a request.

Yes I know.

Request happen all the time ... Heading requests to avoid Wx cells, altitude change requests to avoid a bumpy ride, equipment problems / route diversions and the directs to e.g. save time and fuel and many more.

I should have just ask why the OP was wanting a route change.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Controllers will often offer a direct routing during a SID departure if they are able. For instance, I have had several experiences of London controllers giving me a 'direct LAM' mid point during a LAM Gatwick departure, particularly as the LAM sids are quite long. This is particularly true if London City is quiet.

I've never had this experience with VOXatc unfortunately, even when there's little traffic about. It would be nice to have the option to force it, or for it to offer it automatically. It would add realism.

Luke

Not sure about "proceed direct to a waypoint", but you can request diversion around weather, check page 44 of their manual.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg