Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

Bug? Again brakes without effect! (No RTO, nor overheating)

Hi captains! 

Again I have an issue with the 77L brakes: Course of events: 

0. I cannot find a braking bug in

1. I flew ACA33 CYYZ-CYVR-YSSY and had *no* problem to brake before the take-offs and after the landings. 

2. Sitting at YSSY the random fault 'REPAIR ALL BRAKES' kicked in, and now it is unclear what we shall do, either or both of the following? 

2.1 Is it sufficient to clear this fault in PMDG SETUP/AIRCRAFT/FAILURES/WHEEL AND BRAKES? I cleared it here. Done. 

2.2 Shall we also use the option in FS ACTIONS/GROUND MAINTENANCE/REPLACE BRAKES? I did so additionally. The line greyed out. Done. 

3. After pushback for ACA34 YSSY-CYVR and taxiing to RWY34L I sensed: No braking action at all! Oh no, not again this one! 

4. I set the chocks on the taxiway (is it a prerequisite to work on the plane?), no problem to move the aircraft forward with only little thrust! 

5. Checking the faults again: No fault indicated! 

6. Repeating the ground maintenance: No effect! 

To me this is a bug, 

since there is no indication of a malfunction, neither on the screens, nor in the PMDG menus of the FMS. 

The entire braking function does not work, even the chocks. 

Also it has *nothing* to do with the also discussed wrong sequence of cooling/fixing brakes/wheels: 

I did *not* perform an RTO, *nor* there was a brake overheating. 

(See http://forum.avsim.net/topic/422870-repairing-wheels-and-brakes-issue/ )

Please advise, and thanx in advance. 

(A solution would be nice before I land in CYVR...   8^)

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

i have this problem quite frequently, it is a horrible way to taxi or land with no wheel brakes :(

This problem still exists in the most recent version of 777L/F and am wondering why it hasn't been fixed. It doesn't happen every time but quiet frustrating when it does as it means you have to reset your flight to the start all over again.

Really is Very annoying taxiing and landing without autobrake.

It'd be nice if PMDG would weigh in on this...

Jimmy Nestor

It'd be nice if PMDG would weigh in on this...

If this were truly a bug in our code, we'd see it in the support queue, but we don't.

Sounds a lot more like a hardware conflict, or improper configuration. If someone, say, provided steps to reproduce, along with a hardware configuration, we might be able to help. Otherwise, there's not much to go on.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi I got this issue before but always when I saved a panel state on top of the previous one at the end of each flight. May be a pure coincidence but since I got rid of this panel state and create a new one from the default that I keep like this without saving on top, I have never got this issue anymore.

So I would put this on a corrupted panel state at least on my system.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

When the brakes are pressed or the parking brake set, both messages appear on screen in the red text like usual.

Wouldn't this suggest that it's not a hardware failure problem???

Jimmy Nestor

Wouldn't this suggest that it's not a hardware failure problem???

I don't know. Seeing that this is the first time I saw something about the sim showing the message, but braking not happening, this is the first time I've been able to consider it as a symptom. Up to now, I had no reason to not think it's a hardware problem - nothing pointed to it not being a hardware problem until your post. As such, I'm not sure why there's an abundance of question marks at the end of your question, which suggests impatience, as if I've had this knowledge this whole time.

Troubleshooting is all about sharing symptoms, and eliminating possibilities. So far, everything has been pretty vague. Some dialogue could help nail this down, so, if you have a way of reproducing this, or some information to provide, then provide it. Otherwise, I have never seen this issue in my sim, I haven't seen the issue reported here except for a couple of rare instances, and I have yet to see it in the queue. This points to a very, very specific circumstance that exists on your machine and perhaps a handful of others. In order to fix something, we have to be able to see it. We can't see it unless you, or others, help us see it.

Additionally, have you tried what Romain has suggested?

Kyle Rodgers

as if I've had this knowledge this whole time.

Relax Kyle, As if I referenced you.

The question mark thing, sorry if it sounded impatient because it wasn't, just force of habit. I usually do the same with full stops and exclamation marks.

Like I said, It doesn't happen every time, so it's going to be a hard thing to reproduce, especially when you don't know about the problem until you start rolling.

Maybe it's a hiccup when the panel is loading at startup. I've noticed since the new update, when the panel initialization countdown reaches zero that the sim pauses for about three seconds :Confused:

Jimmy Nestor

it's going to be a hard thing to reproduce

This would certainly answer your original question wondering why it hasn't been fixed. If we can't reproduce it, we can't really go about fixing it. I've never seen any brake issues unless I assigned the axis in FSUIPC and in P3D. If you need FSUIPC, assign the axis in the sim and only calibrate it in FSUIPC.

Kyle Rodgers

Having the same issue. I tried pushback with GSX and through FSX.  After both the brakes would not work.  I recalibrated, did maintenance, checked failures all were reset and clean. I started the flight from the end of the runway everything works fine.  Prior to the brake issue I did adjust the failure rate to 5x but have since put it back to 1x with no effect.  I using FSUIPC for controls.  Other than brakes having no effect all indications show brakes working normal.  My guess is that is its software.  Next step is to uninstall GSX and see if that fixes the issue.

My guess is that is its software.

It's considerd prudent to troubleshoot before pointing accusations in various directions.

Next step is to uninstall GSX and see if that fixes the issue.

Uninstall/reinstall usually doesn't fix things. Uninstalls might, but that may needlessly sacrifice functionality for only a coincidental fix.

I using FSUIPC for controls.

This is most likely the issue. See the above comments about FSUIPC:

If you've assigned the axis through FSUIPC, remove that assignment and assign it only in the sim settings. From there, you may calibrate it through FSUIPC to your heart's content (which is usually a requirement for hardware pedals in order to get them to work properly).

Kyle Rodgers

No accusations... just observations based on the message board and what experienced.  I did get it resolved.  

Apparently it was a conflict somewhere between software.  Which one (GSX/PMDG/FSX) don't know. All I did was offer what I had experienced in the hope someone may be able to help solve the issue.... which is the purpose of such a forum (so I thought). Nonetheless problem solved.

Thanks for the support ????

Cheers