Sign in to follow this  
rockme

Active Sky Next for P3dv2.1

Hi everybody,

I considering buying a new weather engine, I had before REX essentials but I´m not very satisifed with it, I read that ASN should be very good.

Has anybody ASN working on P3dv2.1 (very important!!)? Or are there better Weather engines out there?

advise is much appriciated

thanks

Harry

Hey Asn right now not compatible with Prepared2.1

We all are waiting for the update as I already own it just can't use it unless its fsx or PD31.4 so its dormant as those are simulators of past for me.

Hope this helps

Steve

Hey Asn right now not compatible with Prepared2.1

We all are waiting for the update as I already own it just can't use it unless its fsx or PD31.4 so its dormant as those are simulators of past for me.

Hope this helps

Steve

That helps, thanks for the info ;)

I have read where many P3DV2.1 simmers said that REX for textures and Opus for weather engine is the best. I don't have any addon weather as of yet. I am working on my scenery right now then will get weather.

Regards

Lamar Wright

ASN is absoulutely the best weather simulation to date. Simply incredible. As mentioned above, we are waiting for the release of the P3DV2 compatible version which should be out relatively soon.

I also agree that the best combination for looks and accuracy is REX Textures and the ASN engine.

Hope this helps.

I can say that I have not used ASN and don't know much about really. What I can tell you is that OpusFSX is fully compatible with P3Dv2.1 and they support it. Great program and very realistic. Just my two cents.

I would wait for Weather Direct by REX and ASN to come out before making a final judgement. The REX guys can and have done amazing stuff in the relatively short time they have been in the FS Game compared to hifi.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I'm also waiting for the p3d 2.1 version of ASN. I already bought it for fsx. I also have as2012 and opus. Opus gives me really big wind shifts and pressure shifts out of nowhere at cruise, and even with smoothing I suddenly loose like 4000 feet in a second. AS2012 seems more stabile in this regard, and it's what I'm using while waiting for ASN for 2.1.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I'm also waiting for the p3d 2.1 version of ASN. I already bought it for fsx. I also have as2012 and opus. Opus gives me really big wind shifts and pressure shifts out of nowhere at cruise, and even with smoothing I suddenly loose like 4000 feet in a second. AS2012 seems more stabile in this regard, and it's what I'm using while waiting for ASN for 2.1.

I too have experienced this sudden pressure and wind shift. This has actually caused my aircraft to overstates too. Not good when your 45 minutes into a flight. I wonder of this is a settings issue?

Just to note that there is a beta version of ASN for P3DV2.1. You can find it here: http://www.hifitechinc.com/Downloads

NOTE: If you have P3DV2.0 or prior, upgrade to P3DV2.1 because the ASN Beta will not work on these versions, only P3DV2.1 (or maybe the upcoming P3DV2.2) works.

Júnior Silva