Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

Megascenery Earth 2.0 Georgia and Ultra Res Atlanta anomoly

Any update on this issue?

Ditto.  Additional purchases are on hold.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Details of what needs to be attended to to prevent conflict between a number of Ultra Res Cities and their respective MSE2 States (Exclusion Database) were posted by Dean on the PC Aviator Australia Community Forum on 13 and 27 May.

The Atlanta/Georgia conflict is amongst the details given

So I read through that post at the PCaviator site and must ask this.  The instructions say to remove or disable the individual files.  Obvious how to remove them, but what steps can be taken to disable them?  My FSX scenery library only lists MSE2 by state or by ultra-res city.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just rename them from .bgl to something else or copy them to a location that's not enabled in your scenery.cfg. Done.

I just changed the file extension to .DIS for the files that need to be disabled.

Thanks Neil.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Yes, just a rename of the .bgl extension for the files to be excluded is all that is needed. Probably easiest to do this as your files are still in the same location should you wish to re-enable them later on. Although, moving them out to another location will save disk space on the drive.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Yes, just a rename of the .bgl extension for the files to be excluded is all that is needed.

In all honesty Dean, that is a lot of effort to go through on a file by file basis as I read through the instructions.  Could not batch files for each area or other programmed routines be provided to perform the changes (with an option to un-perform them as well)?  It would be optional for the use of any registered user who wished to use it.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

rename of the .bgl extension for the files to be excluded

I prefer to move files to exclude from MSE 2.0 in a new scenery I add in the library. I unactive the new file in the Library when UR file is active and vice versa.

GTX 1660 Ti