Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Lionheart sale at Just Flight - Epic LT

I noticed that the Lionheart aircraft (download versions) are on sale this weekend at Just Flight in a " 2 for £12 / €15 / $19" deal.  I think I might take the opportunity to pick up the Epic LT at a large discount, as I know a number of team members have it as an alternative to the Avanti for high altitude prop race legs (I know about the 31,000ft hard ceiling!).  I thought I'd post here in case anyone else on the team would like to take advantage of the sale too.

However, I'm not sure what to pick with it.  I think I'm leaning towards the Quest Kodiak, but I'm open to anything that is considered a good model.  Does anyone have any of the other Lionheart aircraft, do you have any recommendations?

The Kodiak is a pretty powerful and versatile aircraft.

Another plane to consider is the Piper Pacer: A huge variety of models, and behaviour during taxi and flying in ground effect is very nicely done (having the taildragger versions in my mind here).

Hi Nick,

Of that list @ http://www.justflight.com/bundle I have just the Quest Kodiak, Aerospool, Fairchild 24 and the Skylark... my choice of those would be the Kodiak.

We need Bry on here to make short work of convincing you of the other one. :P

I was thinking about the Epic LT and Kodiak as well.  I can't resist a good airplane for $10 (or two for $20).  :lol:

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Thanks for the replies, Rob and Oliver.  I went for the Epic LT and Kodiak in the end. I've only done a quick flight in each, but so far I'm happy with both.

Craig, 15 hours left in the sale....

Good choice Nick , sorry a bit late joining the conversation . The versatile Kodiak will be a great addition in your hangar

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

The versatile Kodiak will be a great addition in your hangar

Aargh...just when I had convinced myself I didn't need any new airplanes...I know, that's heresy!  One can never have too many airplanes in ones' hangar.  :biggrin:

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Thanks for the replies, Rob and Oliver.  I went for the Epic LT and Kodiak in the end. I've only done a quick flight in each, but so far I'm happy with both.

Contact me for a Kodiak G1000 upgrade..

Bert

Cool! I have the Kodiak, pretty much my float plane for exploring the environs north of Vancouver. The Epic Victory VLJ has always intrigued me, and since I have a couple of TBM850, we can now see how the Epic LT stacks up!

Thanks for the heads-up! Let's see, my one-a-month aircraft budget is now out to ... July. I feel like the Federal Government!!! :lol:

And thanks for your review of the Epic Victory, Mister Pieke - I will look into your suggested modifications.

John Howell

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick