Sign in to follow this  
drwolf

FSX Generic ATC question

I dont know if this has been asked before but if not my apologies in advance,

i know that in real world ATC, they announce the wind speed/direction before takeoff/landing clearances, is it possible to add this feature to the ATC on FSX?

Why, I'm glad you ask that!  The way to add that feature and many more callsings for airlines that the standard FSX does not give you, is to download and install EditVoicepack.  I don't think this will give wind sppeed and direction for landing, takeoffs, yes!  Press Shift + Z to see it before landing.

http://www.editvoicepack.com/

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

you have to download the updated terminology and load with editvoicepack

It is certainly possible to do that with EVP. It comes with some "Community Modifications", one of which may do that, I can't recall. But if not, you can make your own modification to do it. There's a bit of a learning curve, but once you've mastered that, EVP is great fun and very powerful.

search the avsim library for edit voice pack i found a few files which i imported into the program, and ATC now uses the updated terminology

In the real world you get your clearance, then you contact ground/departure. I have never gotten current conditions from clearance delivery.

Before you contact ground/ departure/ approach you tune into ATIS.

You then report that you have information 'yankee'.

Only in years past would ATC always give you wind direction and speed before takeoff. ATIS was designed to reduce ATC workload. So in short FSX ATC is actually correct.

supporter.jpg