Sign in to follow this  
jcboliveira

Lago's Maddog...i'm not happy with this!!!

Guest stevehow

Hi everyoneplease tell me if im being over the top about this..but having bought this MD82 and seeing the hype about realistic VC ..blah blah..i'm really angry with Lago for releasing it before its ready.it was quite expensive after all.1.no manual..it wasn't translated in time...WHAT???2.missing floor textures..don't lago check these things3.exterior model.wipers missing.the switch is on the overhead panel and it works..but there are NO wipers inside or out!!!!4.No night lighting in the VC at night..just dim blurred looking VC that you can't read.i use 1600x1200 res!!5.flight model..aircraft goes fom 0 to 400 in 20secs.have to say i'm not an expert on the MD82..6.six repaints with the VC model if i want more i have to pay for them..grrrrrrrim sure there are more things..but this was what i found after using it for about half an hour.. could kick myself steve

Yet another reason to save the CC for the LDS767. While I am perturbed to say the least with the going on 6 week delay so far with the LDS 767, at least it won't be buggy.

Eric 

And people will scream about their gripes with that product too and claim it's the worst POS ever released.It's all the rage these days...Not saying the Lago MD80 is perfect. I don't have it so I can't, but in my experience the vast majority of gripes people complain about are either blown way out of proportion or are due to people not using the product properly.

Guest Terblanche

I will just repeat what I said in a previous post.AFTER FSE ... I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM LAGO AGAIN!Jamais JamaisNever Ever ...RegardsTerblanche

Guest stevehow

woah there IWENTING...im not screaming with ragei don't care if you think its all the rage...if i have a problem with a product that is released FAULTY...I WILL COMPLAIN.and i couldn't care less what you think.missing floor textures...are NOT a sympton of using a product improperly.missing lighting and manuals are NOT a symptom of using a product improperly nothing constructive to say SAY NOTHING steve

I have to second you Steve on this... You can read my post on Lago's Tech Support forum. There are real problems with the MadDog but I still feel this could be an awesome add-on when completed. We'll have to see what Lago decides to do with it. Hopefully we don't have another FSE on our hands. A product that could be awesome but Lago's reluctance to see it through....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest william273

hi steve, just a note to say i feel your pain. i have to agree with jwenting about what he said also as i'm sure you'll agree that alot of people don't read the manuals and other things that should be read. i'm not saying you didn't but alot don't. i used to be into the combat sims a few years back and let me tell you i could tell you some horror stories about alot of the sims that came out back then. believe me there were plenty that were not finished by a long shot and came out way to early and alot of us were ready to go to war about it. actually that is one of the few reasons i got back into flight simulator. there were some manuals that came with some aircraft that were so vague, they made no sense at all, they just sort of stared back at you when you looked at them. frustrating!!! in a nutshell, for me it's flight simulator and the default aircraft!!! yes!!! with the almighty default 777 panel!!! hey, simplicity don't suck. william

Guest upsvac

Here are some problems I've found:1. If you level off at a set altitude and adjust the speed...the aircraft either goes into a 2000 FPM climb or dive. This was replicated with and without ALT HOLD on. The speed change doesn't have to be huge either, these results were reproduced with only 10 kts of change.2. If you deploy flaps with a speed in the autothrottle, once the flaps are down, the speed slows and the aircraft almost stalls...so the autothrottle kicks in and firewalls the throttles, which results in about overshoot of your selected speed by about 80 kts...then it will vary up or down as it tries to find that selected speed again.3. If you do a turn in HDG SEL, the aircraft loses about 1400 feet in each turn...then oscillates trying to find it's altitude again.4. With a light load and EPR applied by hand, it took the entire runway at Heathrow to get airborne.5. Can't hold a localizer or glideslope...oscillates between +500 and -2000 FPM in autoland.6. Sold as the "Lago MD80" yet the aircraft menu says it's an MD82. Two different planes.7. FMC is complete as a half-built house. You can fly to any airport in the world with a full set of navaids. OK, I lied. You can fly to any airport in Italy with complete Italian navaids.8. There is no obvious way to update the airac, which the FMC dates as June 2003.9. Someone has already posted about the lack of English manuals...These are just personal observations. I'm not anti-lago, or anti-anyone really...I'm not trying to start a flame war, and if you do want to purchase this, go ahead. For now however, I think I'll go back to the freeware hilmerby DC9.Blue skies,Jay

"And people will scream about their gripes with that product too and claim it's the worst POS ever released.It's all the rage these days..."I can't say I saw any of that with the 727........maybe I should put all these MD-80 flightdeck photos to use after all?http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding

Guest B742FAN

I think we'll know in a week or two. Right now there are so many niggles that it is unusable for the forseeable future. Meanwhile the MDMax release is getting pretty good reviews - go figure.It appears that Lago rushed their release to meet up with MdMax's. I don't know about anyone else, but the idea of them translating an italian manual into english scares the heck out of me. (All your flaps are belong to us???) They also have a pretty poor reputation about meeting promises made. The Manual will be released tomorrow due to server load- or is it not translated yet?I don't usually buy an addon the first day but their claim of 99.9% functionality with PMDG's database sounded really good to me. Unfortunately, this claim is probably not worth the paper it's written on. Luckily I'm happy being in the DF727 and the feelthere ERJ - which by the way has been patched into a lovely little package.All that said, even if they do patch it up proper, I'd still buy a DF MD-80 down the line. __Josh** EDIT **Oh and the FDE is really poopy.

Wow... :-eek I haven't had that much time to spend with this bird to confirm or deny all of this...Thanks Jay for the post...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I have to say something about this. they were previewing it 2 months or so ago and the next thing you know it's been released. As much as people complain about the length of development time of certain developers the reason I think is evident because other than very minor problems they are well done. This one will probably be patched for another two months and by then there will be a couple of well released products that we can enjoy.

Steve,I think I'd be pretty peeved as well if those issues are true of their product. Of course someone will write back saying it's an $XXX piece of software, but I imagine the same poor souls scream over their $3.00 socks if they wear holes in them after two uses. With all the spite and venom I've seen lately from the same handful of members, I can't imagine them being easy to deal with in a stress situation. I think people need to give users airing product grief some slack without the "whiner" card getting played all the time. It's getting old, real old.Anyway, sorry to hear your frustration. It must be frustrating also to come somewhere to vent, like these forums, to have someone try to steal even that pressure valve from you.Hang in there,John

Well I have to say after spending the afternoon learning without the manual, The MD-80 is maybe 80% complete. It just was not ready for release, especially without manuals. The FMC is not what they advertise on there site, I could not get a FS plan into it and using PMDG's AIRAC files I still could not get it to work with US VORS, so I flew it by heading and FSnav. That being said, it has to me alot of potential. And if I paid to be a beta tester than so be it, there is not much I can do it about it now.

Guest United

This is turning out very much to be like the CaptainSim fiasco. If you've ANY inclination to do an MD-80 series, don't hesitate. We are buying this Lago product because there simply isn't anything remotely dedent out there in that line (sorry freeware MD80 guys, it just isn't enough for me). As they say in the movie Paul, "If you build it, they will come"Randy Jura, KPDX