Sign in to follow this  
Reggie025

Nav/Comm Frequencies Ending in Odd Numbers

I just started having an issue I can't fix. On some of my aircraft, the Nav/Comm frequency numbers end in "1" and I can't change them to "0" to get the proper frequency so I cannot manually change the radios.

Any thoughts?

Reggie

Do you mean you can't tune your radio to a frequency with a 0 in it???

Nav radio is Nav radio and should have nothing to do with a particular aircraft.

Jim's right - the nav frequencies are defined as part of the airport model. If you need to, you can change them using a tool like ADE. But I haven't found many that needed changing. What you will find are frequencies of e.g. 146.325 when your radio has only two digits after the decimal. But dialling 146.32 works fine.

If a VOR frequency is say 110.00, I can only tune 110.01 or 110.03. No even numbers.

If a Comm frequency is say 135.90, I can only tune 135.91, etc. no even numbers such as "0".

I can use the canned ATC responses to change frequencies. I just can't do it manually.

Hmm - haven't seen that one. Is this on any particular aircraft, or all of them ?

Also - are you setting the radio using the VC radio stack or some external hardware module ? I know the Saitek radio panel (using the Saitek driver) can be a bit tricky in this respect.

Is this only with the standard FSX aircraft or does the problem show up on add on's also?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Are you using GPS or in-panel radios?  Also, try switching to a different aircraft model (preferably an FSX default) and then once loaded switch back to the model you had the issue in.

Just this morning I started FSX and before doing anything else switched from a Carenado Malibu to a MilViz C310.  When I started the Reality XP GNS530 that I have in the 310's panel it found no GPS database.  Never had that happen before.  The RXP GNS430 I have just below it was just fine.  I switched to my C337 and started the RXP 530 there.  No problem.  Switched back to the C310, started the 530, now no problem.  Why it happened in the first place?  No idea.  

Just sometimes.........

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Reggie,

This can happen in a couple of ways. A bad "direct" key-in of the frequency via an advanced radio set or flight planner integration -or- bad coding of a radio gauge that allowed it. What happens is that once it gets "out of sync" normal radio commands are freq "increase" & "decrease" by a certain value, the out of sync frequency stays out of sync because it is getting increased/decreased by a fixed value.

A couple of ways to fix it..And,, it all depends on your saved flight setups. 

If your "default" flight is unmolested (stock 172 @ KSEA), select that flight during start up then select things from there to get it set up as your previous flight (different plane, location etc...) then save the flight other than "default" and go from there.

The other way to get it done is manually through a raw text editor such as notepad (not Wordpad). Open up the flight (documents/Flight Simulator X Files/ *.flt) in question with notepad. Then scroll down near the bottom and replace the out of sync frequencies with known good ones. Save the file and restart FS using that flight.

If you find out how the frequencies got messed up, get a hold of the designer so he/she can fix it. 

EX.

[Avionics.0]                    // Go to this section
Comm1Active=124.475            // Replace the frequency(s) with a known good one
Comm1Standby=124.850           // Here too, if necessary
Comm2Active=124.850            // Here too, if necessary
Comm2Standby=124.850           // Here too, if necessary
Nav1Active=115.50              // Here too, if necessary
Nav1Standby=115.50             // Here too, if necessary
OBS1=66
Nav2Active=109.50              // Here too, if necessary
Nav2Standby=116.95             // Here too, if necessary
OBS2=360
Transponder=2112
ADFActive=356                  // Here too, if necessary
ADF2Active=890                 // Here too, if necessary