Sign in to follow this  
Brian Doney

LOL

What happens when you enable 16x SSAA at maximum cloud coverage density ?

zamn.png

Yeah, BF4 eat your heart out  :lol:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i dont get it

Well there's nothing really to get  :lol:

I had been trying every trick in the book to force an AFR profile in P3Dv2, with no luck.

So I went back and tried with FSX, and this was the result. 94% GPU utilization across both cards, to draw some average looking clouds*   :lol:

* at 16x SSAA

I had been trying every trick in the book to force an AFR profile in P3Dv2, with no luck.

LM's "trick" of renaming the Prepar3d.exe to AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe doesn't work? I don't have an SLI setup, so I can't check it.

LM's "trick" of renaming the Prepar3d.exe to AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe doesn't work? I don't have an SLI setup, so I can't check it.

Unfortunately, no. The second card comes out of long idle, but once in sim it just sits at 0% load.

I'm dying to see the results, but alas.

I should have looked at your specs before I posted that link. NM, it supposedly works the same for Crossfire as it does for SLI. Pretty much everything posted online about using the AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe  trick with video games is pretty negative, though. Even if you can improve the scaling, mostly people have reported either flickering or other artifacts. It's really a multi-GPU debug tool and nothing more.

I should have looked at your specs before I posted that link. NM, it supposedly works the same for Crossfire as it does for SLI. Pretty much everything posted online about using the AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe  trick with video games is pretty negative, though. Even if you can improve the scaling, mostly people have reported either flickering or other artifacts. It's really a multi-GPU debug tool and nothing more.

Glad you posted as I meant to follow up but got sidetracked.

It does indeed "work" but as you said, it isn't really worth it. I used RadeonPro to force the profile, which just FYI, is the AMD equivalent to NI, and how I force FSX to run AFR. You're probably aware of that, but, just sayin'.

I does figure that MGPU support will likely (hopefully) come this summer. Could have saved some money this past winter on heating costs  :lol: