Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

Sweet FX - DX10

Can someone let me know if they are using SweetFX with Dx10 and multiple monitors?  I use the PMDG 777, the FMC/EICAS etc run on a separate screen.

Cheers

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the help Jim.  No big deal, am very happy with how things are running.  Just saw a few screenshots so thought I would investigate.

Cheers

Well SFX does work with multi monitors.  You have to untick AA in FSX, so that's not a good solution for DX10.

Will have a read of your post.

Regards

I don't see the reason why it'd not work. It works (MM) in many other games just fine. What kind of message do you get when AA is ticked? or a simple CTD? Hmm... not sure if it'd work. But you can leave it unticked and try to add 4x MSAA via Inspector. See if that fixes the AA. If so, then problem solved. I can actually try this myself tomorrow (confirming whether MSAA through NI, instead of FSX.CFG, works or not).

When sweet first came out... about a couple versions in i'd say, I had it working with two monitors just fine... for reasons I'm not smart enough to understand, I played around with settings then BOOM... its stopped working... and was never able to get it to work again.

The issue with MM, FPS with sweet drops to like 3 to 8 FPS!

But I do swear to the heavens that I had it working with two Mons. I wish to heck I knew how I got it to work... but there you have it.

If the smart fokes can get it to work with MM, it would be very appreciated, as the effects is really fantastic in combination with shade.

I don't see the reason why it'd not work. It works (MM) in many other games just fine. What kind of message do you get when AA is ticked? or a simple CTD? Hmm... not sure if it'd work. But you can leave it unticked and try to add 4x MSAA via Inspector. See if that fixes the AA. If so, then problem solved. I can actually try this myself tomorrow (confirming whether MSAA through NI, instead of FSX.CFG, works or not).

I haven't actually tried SFX.  My comment on AA being unticked is from reading other posts on this forum.

Regards