Sign in to follow this  
Paul K

How do I 'switch off' or disable Nvidia Inspector ?

I've been using NI with P3Dv2, and its helped in certain regards, particularly reducing some texture flickering in the Alabeo YMF-5. However, now that we are at P3Dv2.2, I see a lot of people are recommending doing away with NI altogether and just relying on 'in-sim' settings, and maybe a config tweak or two.

So, what I want to do is to be able to run P3D completely uninfluenced by NI, and then apply NI's settings in order to see what difference they make...and then go back to no-NI settings again. Is this possible ? I bet its something basic that I've missed.

Any advice gratefully received. :)

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Quick and easy:

1. Open NI, navigate to Prepar3d profile
  2. Press the nvidia symbol at the top that reverts the profile to default settings, then apply
  3. Test in P3D, close when ready to change NI settings
  4. Change settings in NI, apply
  5. Test in P3D, close when ready to change NI settings
  6. Rinse and repeat until happy

There's no need to close NI to test, just leave the profile window open so you can make changes in between testing sessions.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

You don't "turn off" NI, it is just a front end or UI for driver settings. If you don't want a profile affecting certain software at all, you can delete the profile or remove the exe linked to profile in NI. 

Philip, I had a feeling it would be something straight forward. Thanks very much.

Thank you too, Grunt.

Problem solved. It must be those G.I. helmets you are both wearing. ;)

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Glad to help Paul, good luck.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato