Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Orbx's Fsxg [Choices Of Size To Set Lights] Final Preference :)

Thanks Mitch! Will give it a go on Friday

Eric 

All I can say is wwwwowwww.  I flew the same route I flew two nights ago.  The first time I flew them the lights were...weird.  Way too much.  I downloaded the configurator, set everything to small and dim and, even in DX9, it's amazing.  With 8xSSGS you get a really nice shimmer.  Very natural.  The only *mild* thing I wish is that I could see them further out.  But it's mild.  This is, beyond a doubt, the biggest improvement to my night time simming ever.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

By experimenting with ENB (DX9) I got the lights to look better by tinkering with Ctrl-0 and Ctrl-9.  Less flickering and some good smoothing when the lights are small and bright.  I could not imagine them looking any better.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I don't know how I missed this thread, must have been having a drink! I made the changes as per instruction late last night and then went to bed at 2am, so I didn't get to check out the differences. Did a flight this evening starting out at late dusk and landing in proper dark.

I think Gregg put it best, post #18. Wwwwowwww! This should be stickied.

Thanks Mitch. :good:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I don't know how I missed this thread, must have been having a drink! I made the changes as per instruction late last night and then went to bed at 2am, so I didn't get to check out the differences. Did a flight this evening starting out at late dusk and landing in proper dark.

I think Gregg put it best, post #18. Wwwwowwww! This should be stickied.

Thanks Mitch. :good:

You are most welcome, Ron!   Yeppers...this was as ORBX FSXG game-changer for me.  The Very Small and Brightness Low, closed the hole to believable reality. The lights, and intensity of their glow was always out of sync with the size of the other graphics surrounding them. Now...as you see..they blend in perfectly with the size of the buildings, property lot sizes...and the Low looks like what the baked-in light diffuse on the ground beneath each light standard or fixture, would be as a result of the lights present intensity.  Man...we were ALL waiting for this tool, one way or another. I know, my comments are filtered through my own personal 'view' and prefs, but if each of us gets to that place of suspended disbelief on each flight...then all is well!!!!!  :)

Cheers,

Mitch

I know, my comments are filtered through my own personal 'view' and prefs, but if each of us gets to that place of suspended disbelief on each flight...then all is well!!!!! :)

Well, as for me, I rarely get gobsmacked by anything in FSX but this did.  . 

This should be stickied.

I'd agree with that. Anybody that wants to fly at dawn, dusk or night would want this. 

Gregg Seipp

Guys, what is your setting in FTX Central for Vector Road Lights? Should it be ticked to enjoy the above by Sesquashtoo or not necessarily?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Guys, what is your setting in FTX Central for Vector Road Lights? Should it be ticked to enjoy the above by Sesquashtoo or not necessarily?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Dirk...ask Gregg Seipp that question directly....:)

Dirk...ask Gregg Seipp that question directly....:)

What,,,have I gotten to be the expert due to exhuberance?  LOL.  (Mitch is just punting cuz he's having so much fun in P3D. :lol: )  Are you talking about the Tools->FTX Light Tweaker in FTX Central? 

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

What,,,have I gotten to be the expert due to exhuberance?  LOL.  (Mitch is just punting cuz he's having so much fun in P3D. :lol: )  Are you talking about the Tools->FTX Light Tweaker in FTX Central? 

Gregg

Gregg, the checkbox in FTX Central (the one under 'hybrid' if you have FTXG and some FTX regions).

And who is Mitch?  ;)

Thanks,

Dirk. 

Also, I think this may be connected to ORBX's vector lights as well:

Going through my terrain config after ORBX installations I noticed this aberration in ORBX's FTX-GB entries:

// ORBX FTX-GB custom vectors 43 of 88

[Texture.539]
Name=FTX_GB_Motorway_8-Lane_Vectors
Color=FFC00000
guid={FB18E723-E162-472f-95E4-6E842B1F3A9E}
Textures=FTX_GB_road_motorway_8L_su.bmp,FTX_GB_road_motorway_8L_hw.bmp,FTX_GB_road_motorway_8L_su.bmp,FTX_GB_road_motorway_8L_su.bmp,FTX_GB_road_motorway_8L_su.bmp,FTX_GB_road_motorway_8L_lm.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=35
FlattenMode=flat
FlattenPriority=21000
VectorAutogen{C3E32D41-E683-4cc7-9D80-239C6407A766} (ORBX FTX-GB Motorway 8L Streetlights)
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=129000
Water=No

Please note there was no '=' sign after VectorAutogen. Could anybody with FTXG and FTX ENG check that entry (43 of 88) in Great Britain section by ORBX? I'd like to make sure it's not my local problem before going to ORBX's forum.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Gregg, the checkbox in FTX Central (the one under 'hybrid' if you have FTXG and some FTX regions).

I don't have those checkboxes and I'm pretty sure I've got the latest.  I've got Global, Vector and 4 regions.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

I don't have those checkboxes and I'm pretty sure I've got the latest.  I've got Global, Vector and 4 regions.

Gregg

Weird,

Example: in FTX Central I have 2 main selections: FTX Global and Europe (2 blue squares in the top left). If I click on FTX Global square I get 3 checkboxes under "Selecting this option will enable features for FTX Global" namely: Use Orbx Trees ; Hybrid Mode ; Vector Road Lights.

I have the very latest ORBX updates and libraries.

My question was about Vector Road Lights, I realized it should be ticked.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Weird,

Example: in FTX Central I have 2 main selections: FTX Global and Europe (2 blue squares in the top left). If I click on FTX Global square I get 3 checkboxes under "Selecting this option will enable features for FTX Global" namely: Use Orbx Trees ; Hybrid Mode ; Vector Road Lights.

I have the very latest ORBX updates and libraries.

My question was about Vector Road Lights, I realized it should be ticked.

Thanks,

Dirk.

I only have the "Use Orbx Trees" checkbox.  I have North America and Global.

Gregg Seipp