Sign in to follow this  
Lon David

Mcphat Mia?

Have I missed something? McPhat (who's their PR?) is a commercial outfit isn't it? :unsure:

I agree. The charming neighborhood bookstore (first example that popped into my head) doesn't sell you a book with a perfectly good cover (that notes somewhere you're supposed to buy it elsewhere) but no printing on the pages.

I would imagine that McPhat probably does this so that they have a product description page, but one would think there would still be a way to stop sales of the product when they don't actually sell the product.

Good on McPhat for making this right, but I do believe there is a legitimate complaint here.

Sometimes we read the forums as well  ^_^

First of all let me apologize to the topic opener for keeping him waiting for a couple of days. If I recall correctly your ticket got swamped and disappeared from our list. For that I am to blame. Sometimes it might take a few hours before we respond to your ticket. We work with 2 people at the support desk almost around the clock, almost. 

We hope that very soon we will be able to send out keys automatically, this should improve your customer experience as well since you will be able to fly the liveries immediately after purchase. 

Additionally I also took your feedback into account and we are looking to see what we can do to make it more clear not buy the UHDT Cargo Expansion from our store. 

Lon, if you send me a PM here on Avsim I will make sure you get a product free of charge to make up for things, just send me the name of the product from our store you'd like to have.

As for the others if you decide to purchase from our store, send me an e-mail (dhierin.bechai_@_mcphatstudios.net) (remove underscores) and I will send you your key as soon as possible. The e-mail account is connected to my phone which means you can reach me everywhere.

• Upvote 1

That's a terrible response. Now we all feel mean. :(

:lol:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I don't understand, why don't you just disable the store from public viewing to prevent purchases from that happening again? It would save time both for you and the customer.

Give him a break! :wink:

I'm just making a suggestion that would improve things both for McPhat Studios and customers. Not telling him off in any way.

The UHDT DC-9 Cargo product is in our store to have at least a product description (our store pages are among the ones most read on our site). Changing the price to 0 or preventing customers from purchasing is unfortunately not possible (else we surely would have removed the add to cart button). 

Since somebody sketched an image that our store works until the point where you actually are charged I'd like to emphasize that every single customer gets the product he/she paid for (either via the support desk or we send an e-mail for incoming orders).

I'd like to thank the people in this topic for their constructive (some are a bit less constructive, but ey... you can't have everything :lol: ) input. 

• Upvote 1

2 // 21 // 2015

Dheirin, just sent you an E-Mail for a purchase I recently made, should you be reading this, should you read this after reading the email and support ticket - go ahead and disregard this.

Posted : 2/21/2015 - 4:51pm CST 

Jetranger

Topic locked. Please use the PM system to ask questions like this.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10