Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

Can I Increase Street Lights Distance?

Can I increase the distance that street/highway lights are drawn at night?

Any LOD setting or some trick?

It would be gorgeous to have  a screen full of lights when approaching a large city

And taxing ....

I have since been told it is tied in with the autogen, such that it cannot be increased independently of that.

If the lights can be adjusted outward, is it possible to dim or fade them into the distance.  This effect is available in the DX10Fixer for FSX and with would nice to see in P3D.

In P3DV22 it seems that when you fly towards a cityscape, the lights are not covered until you get near them, whereas, once past them, you can see them in the distance behind you for a considerable time with effects of "thinning by less AG" as distance increases. Nice effect

I have FTX Global and I asked over at their forum but didn't get a reply. I am interested also.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Whats odd is that in the previous versions of V2 there were no issues with this as the autogen went to the horizon but now its only present up close. 

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

i wonder if they could introduce a third autogen....night lights, with a  LOD slider greater in scope than the others, and to compensate and save on fps, they could gradually turn off building Autogen at night, you rarely see them anyway