Sign in to follow this  
GAMERZSOCIAL

Taxi2Gate Kmco Oom's

Hello

I have recently bought Taxi2gate's KMCO addon and the VAS usage is insane!

I fly the PMDG 777 and when ever I approach the airport, my VAS is around 3.8-4.9gb. This does not happen at any other airport.

If I fly away from the airport, the VAS drops to 3.0gb. So something is happening with this scenery.

Any ideas? The airport is currently unusable :(

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

must be running a lot of addons, I have the same airport, no problem.  Might have to tone your settings down a bit.  I mean, I am running Rex 4 Direct, Rex for weather, UT2 for airlines and so forth

must be running a lot of addons, I have the same airport, no problem.  Might have to tone your settings down a bit.  I mean, I am running Rex 4 Direct, Rex for weather, UT2 for airlines and so forth

My settings can't really get much lower. I also run REX 4, ASN, FTX Global etc.

my VAS is around 3.8-4.9gb

Uh, the max amount of VAS is 4GB's.  To have VAS at around 3.8 at any time is rare if impossible.  FSX and FSX addons are not the only users of VAS.  Your system services and any running application in the background uses it too.  Your computer system only has 4GB's for everything running on your computer.  More details can be found in the AVSIM CTD Guide located under Hot Spots to the right of this forum or, if you have the PMDG 777, look around page 21 of the Intro Manual.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Uh, the max amount of VAS is 4GB's.  To have VAS at around 3.8 at any time is rare if impossible.  FSX and FSX addons are not the only users of VAS.  Your system services and any running application in the background uses it too.  Your computer system only has 4GB's for everything running on your computer.  More details can be found in the AVSIM CTD Guide located under Hot Spots to the right of this forum or, if you have the PMDG 777, look around page 21 of the Intro Manual.

Best regards,

My mistake, I meant to type 4.0gb.

Process Explorer monitors FSX. Once it gets ever so slightly above 4.0GB, it will crash, with a message advising it is out of memory. Other applications on my PC have no affect on FSX's VAS usage. I've just tested this.

Make sure to only have the scenery areas you are using on your current flight active in the scenery.cfg.

For example, only your DEP/ARR airports should be active (and of course the default FSX entries).

This made a big difference in my VAS usage. Having everything active clobbers the VAS and leaves you with very little room.

Process Explorer monitors FSX. Once it gets ever so slightly above 4.0GB, it will crash, with a message advising it is out of memory. Other applications on my PC have no affect on FSX's VAS usage. I've just tested this.

Have you tried using the FSUIPC VAS monitoring program?  I think it provides a more accurate display of VAS usage during a flight session, especially when you send the results to the fsuipc.log.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Make sure to only have the scenery areas you are using on your current flight active in the scenery.cfg.

For example, only your DEP/ARR airports should be active (and of course the default FSX entries).

This made a big difference in my VAS usage. Having everything active clobbers the VAS and leaves you with very little room.

Yes, I only have my Dep and Arr airports active in my scenery library. The spike takes place mostly during approach. As I get closer on finals, the VAS explodes and gets very close to OOM, most of time resulting in a OOM.

Have you tried using the FSUIPC VAS monitoring program?  I think it provides a more accurate display of VAS usage during a flight session, especially when you send the results to the fsuipc.log.

Best regards,

Yes I have FSUIPC. It beeps at me once I am almost out of available memory, which happens everytime.

Yes I have FSUIPC. It beeps at me once I am almost out of available memory, which happens everytime.

It does that too but it also monitors your VAS and displays it on your screen during your flight.  The freeware or registered versions of the FSUIPC utility will allow you to monitor the amount of VAS remaining during a flight session.  This might be valuable in troubleshooting Out-of-Memory (OOM’s).  Startup FSX/P3D and then enter the Addon Menu and select FSUIPC.  Once FSUIPC is open, click on the Logging Tab and enter 024C under Offset and select S32 under Type. Select where you would like to have the usage displayed.  The FS Window is for Full Screen sessions.  The FS Title Bar is for Windowed Mode.  AVSIM recommends you also check the Normal log file as this provides you information on how much VAS you had to start out with and then it logs usage throughout your flight.  You can then go to a site that converts KB's to GB's like http://www.whatsabyte.com/P1/byteconverter.htm.  This is the most important information as most commercial addon airports require a lot of memory and system resources but you are not always there.  I have Taxi2Gate KDCA and it seems framerate friendly depending on how many AI aircraft are on board.  Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Are you using FTX global? UTX? 4096 TML settings?

Are you using FTX global? UTX? 4096 TML settings?

I am using FTX Global + Vector with FSGlobal 2010. I have my TML set to 1024. My REX4 settings are also 1024. My autogen is just 'Dense'.

It does that too but it also monitors your VAS and displays it on your screen during your flight.  The freeware or registered versions of the FSUIPC utility will allow you to monitor the amount of VAS remaining during a flight session.  This might be valuable in troubleshooting Out-of-Memory (OOM’s).  Startup FSX/P3D and then enter the Addon Menu and select FSUIPC.  Once FSUIPC is open, click on the Logging Tab and enter 024C under Offset and select S32 under Type. Select where you would like to have the usage displayed.  The FS Window is for Full Screen sessions.  The FS Title Bar is for Windowed Mode.  AVSIM recommends you also check the Normal log file as this provides you information on how much VAS you had to start out with and then it logs usage throughout your flight.  You can then go to a site that converts KB's to GB's like http://www.whatsabyte.com/P1/byteconverter.htm.  This is the most important information as most commercial addon airports require a lot of memory and system resources but you are not always there.  I have Taxi2Gate KDCA and it seems framerate friendly depending on how many AI aircraft are on board.  Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Thanks, I have tried this.

I started off, with the PMDG 777, FTX Global + Vector, T2G KMCO... 1.5-1.3GB remaining on VAS usage.

I took off, circled and landed with 0.6GB remaining on VAS.

Not bad, but what happens when I do a full flight, between two airports. Whenever I look at KMCO, my reamining VAS usage drops a considerable amount.

Most likely you have your LOD_Radius set above the default max of 4.5.  It could be a tweak you might have employed too in your Fsx.cfg.  But the LOD_Radius and Texture_Max_Load settings are the biggest users of VAS.  Autogen in P3D was the VAS killer until Lockheed Martin fixed the VAS usage for Autogen so I suspect any high settings of Autogen will deplete your VAS too.  Something like a little commercial addon airport should not be affected.  Only FPS should be affected if a addon commercial airport is using a lot of resources and low FPS are common for most airports especially if you are using a commercial aircraft addon while at the airport.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Most likely you have your LOD_Radius set above the default max of 4.5.  It could be a tweak you might have employed too in your Fsx.cfg.  But the LOD_Radius and Texture_Max_Load settings are the biggest users of VAS.  Autogen in P3D was the VAS killer until Lockheed Martin fixed the VAS usage for Autogen so I suspect any high settings of Autogen will deplete your VAS too.  Something like a little commercial addon airport should not be affected.  Only FPS should be affected if a addon commercial airport is using a lot of resources and low FPS are common for most airports especially if you are using a commercial aircraft addon while at the airport.

Best regards,

My LOD Radius is default so this shouldn't be causing the issues :(