Sign in to follow this  
swadeep

Ezdok causing NGX to CTD?

Hey guys. I have been using PMDG 737NGX and 777 fine with no problem at all. Recently I have installed Ezdok 1.17 and made cameras set for 777 and did 2 flights with it. All was well. However I wanted to do a NGX flight and I selected that aircraft in menu fine. When I click fly now it loads to about 4-5 percent and then FSX just CTD. I looked into the error file and the fault module was PMDG737NGX.DLL I was wondering if anyone could help please? It must be down to Ezdok ad it was all fine before but then again I can still make flights with 777 but NGX just stopped working since installation of Ezdok. I tried uninstalling PMDG 737NGX already and reinstalled it again but still the same problem. Would appreciate your help please.

Thanks
Swadeep

Hi Swadeep.

as no one replied to your issue, I'll chime in, just mind you, I am not a PC expert, and I just will give simple suggestions. What I would do is cancel your FSX. CFG file, uninstall EZ Dok, reboot the computer, and load the 737NGX, let FSX build a new CFG file. Just in case, before deleting the config file you have, make a copy of it, and save it somewhere safe, like your Desktop. Start out doing this, and let us know.

Enrico

Hi Swadeep.

as no one replied to your issue, I'll chime in, just mind you, I am not a PC expert, and I just will give simple suggestions. What I would do is cancel your FSX. CFG file, uninstall EZ Dok, reboot the computer, and load the 737NGX, let FSX build a new CFG file. Just in case, before deleting the config file you have, make a copy of it, and save it somewhere safe, like your Desktop. Start out doing this, and let us know.

Enrico

Thanks for your reply! Much appreciated. I have done as you said but the problem still persist. However this time the only improvement is that the sim loads too 100% and the cockpit appears for around few seconds only to CTD again. Still the same error module PMDG_737NGX.DLL.

I am clueless why this is happening. I am sure Ezdok installation must have done something to it but can't figure out what exactly.

Thanks

Swadeep

Thanks for your reply! Much appreciated. I have done as you said but the problem still persist. However this time the only improvement is that the sim loads too 100% and the cockpit appears for around few seconds only to CTD again. Still the same error module PMDG_737NGX.DLL.

I am clueless why this is happening. I am sure Ezdok installation must have done something to it but can't figure out what exactly.

Thanks

Swadeep

Ezdok should not have any effect on that NGX DLL. It only controls VC views and the only NGX file it will change is aircraft.cfg.

Before you uninstalled Ezdok did you re-run the EZCA configuration tool to remove these mods? That is part of the recommended uninstall procedure. It shouldn't create a problem if you didn't but if aircraft.cfg is the problem then that would make certain that any mods were removed.

You can edit the aircraft.cfg file yourself to check this quickly. Ezdok inserts a set of lines at the end, just open the file in notepad, delete those lines and save the file again. If you aren't comfortable doing this, reinstall Ezdok, run the configuration tool to remove it from FSX then uninstall Ezdok again.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Ezdok should not have any effect on that NGX DLL. It only controls VC views and the only NGX file it will change is aircraft.cfg.

Before you uninstalled Ezdok did you re-run the EZCA configuration tool to remove these mods? That is part of the recommended uninstall procedure. It shouldn't create a problem if you didn't but if aircraft.cfg is the problem then that would make certain that any mods were removed.

You can edit the aircraft.cfg file yourself to check this quickly. Ezdok inserts a set of lines at the end, just open the file in notepad, delete those lines and save the file again. If you aren't comfortable doing this, reinstall Ezdok, run the configuration tool to remove it from FSX then uninstall Ezdok again.

yes i did that. i followed the manual. i restored to default first then uninstalled the program. I will check the CFG again also. However should it work then what could cause the error then? Or maybe there's something to be done on CFG to make it work? Will report back.

Thanks

Swadeep

I have checked the CFG and there is nothing left over there. I only see the camera definition for the default views that came with PMDG. This is after uninstalling and reinstalling PMDG also.  I don't see any labelled with EZDOK at all. What should i do next?

Thanks

Swadeep

What folder is your EZdok installed in?

It was installed in C/Program Files X86......FSX is installed on another drive.

Cheers

Swadeep

And your FSX is installed in its own folder such as C:\FSX or D:\FSX and not in the Program Files (x86) right?

Correct. FSX is not installed in program files folder x86. It's on it's on folder on another drive with just FSX and add ons on those drive.

Version 1.7 is known to be buggy, esp with PMDG. Go back to 1.6xxx and it should resole

Version 1.7 is known to be buggy, esp with PMDG. Go back to 1.6xxx and it should resole

I'm running v1.7 no problem infact my ezdok is more stable now with the new version! I did have major issues with ezdok took me about a week to get it running with no errors.

Vernon Howells

backup your ezdok profiles, uninstall ezdok, use CCleaner to clean all leftowers and registry, and restart PC. Now, install EZDOK again, update to the latest version, run EZCA Config.exe and configure aircrafts, and then put your profiles back.

And just a couple of my stability settings:

- right click on fsx.exe, go to compatibility tab and click on "change settings for all users", and in "compatibility for all users" window - check only "disable visual themes" and "disable desktop composition". After that click on apply, ok, apply and ok untill you clear all windows

- go to the control Panel, "appearance and personalization" and select "Personalization". On the left hand side click on the "Change mouse pointers". In the "Pointers" tab, under "Scheme" select (None), under "customize" select "Normal Select" and press apply and ok.

- Disable UAC / turn it off: http://www.thewindow...tion-prevention

disable this services too:

Distributed Link Tracking Client

Media Center Extender Service

Offline Files

Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service

Just go to start(windows button)and type "services.msc" and run it. Then find this services and disable them. After you apply all this things, you should get a very stable FSX

Vernon Howells