Sign in to follow this  
JughedJones

Question about Emergencies

Hey Guys.

First, let me say I am a HUGE fan of this product! It's made me absolutely love the 737 and it's among the best money I've spent for FSX.

I have a question about how to get emergencies to happen. Looking through the manual, I understand that you can choose one via the FMC etc... 

but the only option I see is: x every 10 hours when I select random. 

Is this the only option? That would be equivalent to about 1 emergency every 3 flights, that might be a little too many for my taste and I would 

kind of 'know' one is coming.

Am I missing something?  Thanks in advance and I apologize if this has been covered to death. 

Hi,

Glad you like FS2Crew :-)

Please root around the PMDG failure menu so you can see all the options regarding failures; there are many.

A lot of people want to practice a specific failure, like V1 Cuts, so they program the failure to happen right at V1 via the FMC.

Cheers, 

Thanks very much Bryan. 

EDIT:  If I want random failures, picking a number of incidents per 10 hours is the only option though right?

For example, I couldn't choose 1 every 15, 20, etc... Like I said, every 10 hours seems a bit much for me, I'd be getting a failure every other day! (Not that I don't see the fun in that too!)

Thanks again. 

EDIT:  If I want random failures, picking a number of incidents per 10 hours is the only option though right?

For example, I couldn't choose 1 every 15, 20, etc... Like I said, every 10 hours seems a bit much for me, I'd be getting a failure every other day! (Not that I don't see the fun in that too!)

I don't have the NGX currently installed on my computer, so I'm not 100 percent sure.

But what's available in the FMC is what's available.

I might suggest also asking the PMDG forum.

But you're right, if you get an incident every 10 hours, you might want to get your airline to take the plane back to Boeing... you gotta a lemon :-)

Cheers,