Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baileya1c

Adaptive V-sync half refresh rate doesn't work

Can someone please help me. When I select half refresh rate(trying NVidia control panel or inspector)my fps still goes to 60fps. My monitor is 60 hertz. Other games I have tried that work properly and cap the fps at 30 are DCS World, X-Plane and Aerofly FS. I'm not sure why P3D doesn't work with adaptive v-sync half refresh rate. Anyone have any ideas? This is driving me nuts as maintaining 60 fps is difficult and I get massive stutters trying. If I lock the fps to ANYTHING I get massive stutters, the only smooth sim experience I get is with v-sync on and that is only smooth when I can maintain 60 fps. No tweaks in config other than AffinityMask 84. If I disable v-sync in game, I get wildy fluctuating fps but usually maintain above 60 as long as I don't lock fps. I would love to have adaptive v-sync work so I can run off of 30 fps with unlimited frames on and v-sync on. That is the only way I can see simming with any reasonable settings and fluidity. This is driving me nuts!

System Specs:

I7 3770k at 4.4Ghz

GTX 670 x 2, SLI disabled for P3D

SSD

60 hertz LCD monitor

Windows 8.1

Prepar3d v2.2

It doesn't work because Nvidia hasn't started supporting it yet. 

Lock your frames at 30 and set your monitor refresh rate at 30hz. 

Well, it doesn't work in FSX either. There must be something I'm missing. I can't lock my frames at 30 without inducing stutter madness. My monitor won't do 30 hertz either. Shouldn't have went cheap on the monitor I suppose.

You are not missing something.  Adaptive vsync does not work for FSX and never did, though using standard vsync with 1/2 refresh rate, coupled with the internal 30 frame lock gives FSX excellent smoothness (though some claim otherwise).  As of this for P3D I cannot say, though Word Not Allowed (an FSX guru) claims it doesn't work the same in P3D as is does in FSX; as mentioned nvidia currently does not support 1/2 vsync for P3D.

Its my understanding. P3D DX11 was or is intended to use Adaptive Vsync. But as many in the gaming industry knows, Nvidia Adaptive Vsync drivers are iffy at best, Seems the concept is excellent it just hasn't been perfected yet. Adapative works great if one can maintain a constant 60FPS. GOOD luck on that one! That said Vsync tearing doesn't seem to exist in P3D using Aero. In my may case anyways.

Yep, adaptive doesn't work. I see my fps fell to 30 or 20 when sim couldn't maintain 60 fps. 30 fps (aka 1/2 refresh rate) is still nice but 20 fps stutters a lot. 

Also i believe V-Sync behave different Fullscreen vs Windowedmode . 

Michael