Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RBC99

1 Key not recognised

Have been a very happy user for many years but now have a weird problem in that RC4 won't accept the 1 key in the RC window - the window flashes but it keeps showing the 1 option rather than acting on it.

I have just reinstalled everything on a new PC - it happens mostly with the PMDG 777 - could it be a conflict or something??

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Rob

Rob,

Check your keyboard assignments in RC4. It's better to change RC commands to CTRL+SHIFT+number.

Try with a default aircraft and if it's any different with the 777 it suggests a conflict.

Thanks Ray - after posting I thought of trying to change 1 to Shift Q or something but am mid flight and RC said it would only work after restarting fsx - it only seemed to be with 1 - is is worth changing all to Ctrl Shft plus number??

Rob

Yes.

I changed all mine to CS+number and it avoided all conflicts with PMDG/FSPass etc.

is is worth changing all to Ctrl Shft plus number??

Hi Rob,

Yes. as Ian has suggested it removes any possibility of a conflict. I've had mine like that for years.

Many thanks both- will try that.

Isn't it weird that after a long time using RC there are still things that have to be changed:)

Rob

I have to keep telling it the path to the FSX folder on a WideFS setup when I run the database update. It hasn't changed in years but RC just can't 'remember' it.

I have to keep telling it the path to the FSX folder on a WideFS setup when I run the database update. It hasn't changed in years but RC just can't 'remember' it.

I have the FS path in a .txt document with a shortcut to it on my desktop. Copy/Paste. It is used in other apps as well.

Avoids typos :)

I have the FS path in a .txt document with a shortcut to it on my desktop. Copy/Paste. It is used in other apps as well.

Avoids typos :)

It's a short enough UNC Ron (\\flying\fsx) so typing it is not a problem but I simply fail to understand why RC cannot store it. Too late now of course to have it corrected.