Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Navigraph Source for X-Plane

What so special about Navigraph data ? Whats the difference between Nav and the Aerosoft data in the new gps ?

Hi,

the main different between Aerosoft and Navigraph is the different sources. Aerosoft uses a tailored database which comes from Lido, we (Navigraph) use the standard database from Jeppesen (standard means really worldwide, not airlines specific like a tailored database). The difference in the coverage between both source providers is minimal. Some addon developer takes the Aerosoft database with the default setup, other our (the Navigraph) database. This depends on personal contacts and/or business contacts (ie. Aerosoft is publisher for XPlane in Europe).

In other words (as a general answer), the difference between Navigraph and Aerosoft data in the new gps is none existing - it´s by your own choice, which company/which data provider (Lido or Jeppesen) you prefer. The XPlane developer had tested the Navigraph database too, but the XPlane management has decided to use the Aerosoft data in the default setup.

As you know, Navigraph offers now an update for the XPlane default database too, which will be used for example the UFMC/XFMC and some other addons too. XPlane itself doesn´t support SIDs/STARs (only via addon products), so the default XPlane database doesn´t include terminal procedures. All other addons like UFMC/XFMC, X-FMC, Ramzess B777, VASFMC, ... use own database which we offer too. So, you have one consistent database from the basis XPlane sim to any XPlane addons - you can plan a flight with XPlane and can use exactly the same route in your addons (because the airways are equal, you have all waypoints, and so on).

Or you use addons like PFPX, Flightsim-Commander, EFASS, ...  create/plan a route and you will use it in an XPlane addon - fully compatible between all addons over flightsim borders! As Mike wrote: All in one ... that´s exactly the benefit ...

Hope it´s clearer now - when not, please ask ^_^

Cheers,

Richard

richard_stefan.png

Regular AIRAC Updates - Jeppesen worldwide coverage (includes terminal procedures)

Direct link: http://www.navigraph.com

I have the new data installed and had some time for testing over the weekend. I have installed data for XP's default database, the GPS files, FF 777, PFPX and EFASS.

The good thing, the sim and the flight planers use the same database. I exported some routes for testing made, both planers were used. Using the default FMC I noticed that SID and STAR data does not import all waypoints. As it looks, XP imports 5 letter fixes only, the result is a route full of shortcuts, that gives you some mountain hits, depending on your choice if airports. Peter's A320 imports all fixes from the plan. Saving it again makes it useable for his A380. Tried that for other aircrafts but it looks like a Peter's special.

Hi Ralf,

sorry to ask, but what has this done with the navdata update? From what default FMC do you speak? And when you wrote, that not all waypoints weren't imported, than this isn't an navdata issue ... Or do I missinderstand here something? What navdata issue do you exactly have?

Cheers

Richard

richard_stefan.png

Regular AIRAC Updates - Jeppesen worldwide coverage (includes terminal procedures)

Talking about the FMC that ships with XP. If you import the flight plan, many fixes are missing. If you like I can sent you a few examples. I think that your data is correct but XP does not import flight plans correct.

Hi Ralf,

thanks for clarfication - I'm a X-Plane newbie, sorry! May I ask a question? Can you manual enter the flightplan? Does this work?

Cheers

Richard

richard_stefan.png

Hi Richard,

let's see what we can find out. I had the problems with missing fixes after importing a flight plan since I use XPX. After having the same data for XPX and my flight planers, I started thinking about it because it should not occur.

I planed a flight today from EDDK to LEBL.

EFASS and PFPX planed the flight from RW14L and inserted the NOR8F departure.

The first waypoints are EDDK,  DK133, DK134, DK136 and NOR and show up in EFASS and PFPX.

Here's the XPX export file from EFASS:

I
3 version
1 EDDK 302 +50.88047 +7.129075
11 DK133 0 +50.805406 +7.235181
11 DK134 0 +50.763995 +7.240225
11 DK136 0 +50.74952 +7.17885
3 NOR 0 +50.840659 +6.694156
11 ERUKI 0 +50.608333 +6.7525

And here's PFPX:

I
3 version
1 EDDK 302 +50.865917 +7.142744
3 NOR 341 +50.840660 +6.694156
11 MAPAD 0 +50.829521 +6.019072
11 NAVAK 0 +50.827446 +5.918100

The PFPX is missing the departure data in the export file. As said before, no problem with your data but no problem with XPX import either. It's a problem that is caused by PFPX on every planed flight.

So sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I will use EFASS for planing now.