Sign in to follow this  
swadeep

Thai Creation VABB elevation issue

For those still struggling with the elevation issue I think I have found the cause. The airport and its associated terrain is set at an elevation of 27.03m whereas the stock airport is at 37m. There seems to be an issue about changing elevation of FSX stock airports, to correct which ADEx creates what is called a 'stub' BGL file in World\Scenery, in this case it would be VABB_ADEX_ADE_ALT.BGL. Further, from what I gather, this file needs to be in the said folder to have effect. So to create this file what you can do is open the VABB_ADEX_ADE.BGL afcad file in ADEx and change its elevation to something else and back to 27.03m and compile. This should fix the elevation. Remember to backup VABB_ADEX_ADE_OBJ.BGL and replace when done as ADE deletes it upon compiling.

sorry but could u share the bgl file please? mine still doesn't work..this developer is really a pain in the &@($*...

try these files: filedropper.com/vabbadexcvx

put the CVX file in airport's scenery folder and ALT file in world\scenery folder

also try after removing cvx_yahoo bgl file from airport's scenery folder

put the CVX file in airport's scenery folder and ALT file in world\scenery folder

Thank you! Will try and report back.

Cheers

Swadeep

WOW! Thanks a lot! it works!!! I just started off at runway and tried the flight took off and landed with default Cessna and it's all good! I'll try proper flight tomorrow and if anything wrong i will report back. Thanks again a million!!!

However you need to infact remove the CVX YAHOO file otherwise it wont work. the runway will be flat and there will be no sink but you will see mountains on runway so you need to remove it! cheers :)

Cheers

Swadeep

just found the issue returns when approaching from south. removing VABB_RWY9_LIGHT.BGL and VABB_RWY14_LIGHT.BGL appears to fix it. this disables the rwy lights though.

just found the issue returns when approaching from south. removing VABB_RWY9_LIGHT.BGL and VABB_RWY14_LIGHT.BGL appears to fix it. this disables the rwy lights though.

damn..that's bad news...can't believe the author is not doing anything about it.

well...

i..have..posted..a..solution..about..deleting..light.bgl...files..its..the..only..solution..till..some1..can..provide..with..altered..files...

guys..tried..him225's..suggestion..plus..disable..vabb....vajj..in..ftx..Vectors..issue..solved..

Be aware This scenery does not work with DX10 checked. Can't believe that the author did not state this as well as the elevation issue. I also have no jetways at the gates because of this DX10 issue.

Will never buy from Thai Creations again. Don't recommend anyone else does.

well..i..dont..seem..2have..any..issues..yet..thanks..4..d..info..though..

guys..tried..him225's..suggestion..plus..disable..vabb....vajj..in..ftx..Vectors..issue..solved..

i have FTX Global..that's not the same is it..and if it is then how do i disable it?

dude..u..need..to..install..FTX Vector..from..their..site..orbx...post..back..let..us..know..

I have just FTX Global. So i have to pay about 60 AUD to upgrade and get FTX GLOBAL VECTOR....is it worth it? if it's just to help the VABB scenery then it's crazy but if overall it's a must have then i'll look into it.

thanks

swadeep

hey..swadeep..its..worth..ihave..issues..with..my..keyBoard..many..keys..not..workig..pm..me..swadeep..if..ur..from..mumBai..v..can..talk..over..phone

Found on internet an old forum message.

"Just disable the VABB_ADEX_ADE_ALT bgl."

Visually the airport in general looked al right.

The issue where the bottom half of the aircraft disappears when on parts of the runways is still there.

Not yet added/disabled other files as suggested in the forum, taking one step at a time.

Have FS Global 2008 amongst other scenery add-ons.