Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

X-55 Trim Wheel Not Recognised By FSX ?

One of the reasons I bought the Saitek X-55 was that is has a Trim Wheel on the end of the left throttle lever, which I much prefer over the toggle switch method.  Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be recognised by FSX when I try to program it to the FSX Aileron Trim Axis in the controls setup.

I know the 'switch' method is more realistic for the big jets, but I just prefer to use a trim wheel.  Anyone know how I can overcome this as I don't have room on my desk for the full size Saitek Trim Wheel.

Glen

Glen Coyne

Hi Glen,

Greetings from an Ex Pat in Toronto :)

I just brought the X-55 (Awesome stick)

I use the exact same function on the throttle for trim but I use FSUIPC to assign and calibrate all my controllers

Hope this helps

Richard

Richard Carter

My Rig: i5 9600K @ 5.0 Ghz Air Cooled (Noctua NH-D15S) | Asus Prime Z390 - A | 16 GB DDR4 3000 | ZOTAC GTX 1080 TI AMP Edition | 2 X 250GB SSD | 1 X 4TB WD Black | 1 X1 TB Conventional, LG 42" LED TV

Glen - Could it be that you aren't moving the trim wheel far enough? Have you tried rotating it across the entire travel from end-to-end?

What about drivers?

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Richard

Thanks, I'll take a look at FSUIPC.

Philip

Yes I've rotated the wheel forward and back several times but no luck.  Its a bit like a mouse wheel, freely rotates without a stop.

Glen Coyne

Yes I've rotated the wheel forward and back several times but no luck.  Its a bit like a mouse wheel, freely rotates without a stop.

So in that case, it's not an axis but a wheel that activates a button most likely.

If it were attached to a potentiometer to create an axis, it would probably have a stop at each end of the potentiometer, otherwise you would keep turning and not get any effect on the axis input.

Try setting it to elevator trim up and elevator trim down buttons instead.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Try setting it to elevator trim up and elevator trim down buttons instead.

That's how I had the wheel on the throttle of my X52 configured, and it worked great until the wheel itself started going haywire (guess I wore it out from all that trimming).  Now I've got it assigned to the hat switch on the throttle.

Richard P. Kelly

I use the exact same function on the throttle for trim but I use FSUIPC to assign and calibrate all my controllers

Maybe I was missing something, but I also use FSUIPC, and I didn't seem to be able to find that trim wheel on FSUIPC, either. The only place it showed up was in the X55 Profiler.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg