Sign in to follow this  
PapaRomeo

FSgenesis contact problems

Yes.

it feels so wierd I did not recieve ONE SINGLE email about this.

I had to figure out what was/is going on.

Normally you can get email notifications about just anything, because it's fairly simple sending one.

But I did not recieve anything about this.

And the support page seems to be broken.

I have at this moment still not access to my purchases.

And still haven't heard anything.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

When a business goes under, people lose things and feelings get hurt. Justin got in a bind and sadly couldn't find a way out. I never had a service problem with him.

I don't believe he ever meant to harm anyone. Purchasers should always keep copies of their software and the serial keys with them. For the most part, these aren't large corporation s that we are dealing with. A new owner should not be expected to pick up the pieces. It may be a good public relations move, but they have start up cost as well. Its the free market system. There are winners and losers.

Perhaps you are right.

But if you like money, you could start replying costumers!

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

When a business goes under, people lose things and feelings get hurt. Justin got in a bind and sadly couldn't find a way out. I never had a service problem with him.

I don't believe he ever meant to harm anyone. Purchasers should always keep copies of their software and the serial keys with them. For the most part, these aren't large corporation s that we are dealing with. A new owner should not be expected to pick up the pieces. It may be a good public relations move, but they have start up cost as well. Its the free market system. There are winners and losers.

My issue is around the lack of notification and the lack of a grace period. It would have been pretty simple to blast out an email notification (just like his sale and sob story emails) which could have given people 30 days notice to get your stuff.

Of course the new owners could have honored the lifetime subscriptions moving forward, but I wouldn't expect that much. Access to what was previously purchased and paid for isn't too much to ask in my opinion.

Why people defend people who do the wrong thing is beyond me.

Looking for alternatives, any good site selling mesh like the Next Gen mesh?

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

My issue is around the lack of notification and the lack of a grace period. It would have been pretty simple to blast out an email notification (just like his sale and sob story emails) which could have given people 30 days notice to get your stuff.

Of course the new owners could have honored the lifetime subscriptions moving forward, but I wouldn't expect that much. Access to what was previously purchased and paid for isn't too much to ask in my opinion.

Why people defend people who do the wrong thing is beyond me.

That part I agree with. Not answering an inquiry is pretty classless. I doubt they will be around long. I'm not defending them. I'm just telling like it is. You can either move on to another product or walk away. Remember, I lost all my stuff too.

Purchased some mesh at FSPilot shop.

I can't wait forever.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

UPDATE!

I tried register with a new email adress.

That worked fine.

I did notice one thing though.

When you enter payment method plus card info, its not even an https !?

And when you click next nothing happens.

Did wonder a lot about entering info on a non-secure site.

SCAM?

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

I contacted them about this thread. Maybe they will at least respond. If not, they can't say they weren't warned.

Thanks Bill.

I would really like a word from them about this.

Problem is that FSPILOTSHOP don't have 19m mesh for Queensland.

Think they have all others.

And that is missing for my ORBX Australia.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

ORBX have a free 76m Holgermesh for Australia.

But I like the 19m Nextgen better.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

UPDATE.

It seems like my mail provider was changing settings.
And when i re-entered my mail-info, suddenly mails from FSGenesis pops up.

Therefore, i must admit it can't be FSGenesis fault for no communication.

I will try to re-purchase something again, and see how it goes.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

I purchased a "lifetime" Galaxy membership which was represented and sold by FSGenesis and Justin as just such...a lifetime membership and entitlement to all products.

I didn't really care when new mesh wasn't included and he began to try and charge separately. I knew Justin had fallen on hard times and the money wasn't a big issue.

What truly ###### me off was when my logon and membership were cancelled without notice and without a chance to download updates and products that I had not downloaded.

So...I feel cheated and I feel like the business practices of Justin and the new owners are scummy and deceitful. I will never spend another dime with FSGenesis.

Same here. I was a Lifetime member. No email or anything regarding this change.

HOWEVER, I sent an email to the new FSGenesis owners and after some fenangling back and forth, they finally agreed to let me have links to most of the products I previously had access to, plus the Nextmap stuff which i had paid extra for anyway.

I wouldnt have minded any of this if i had been given prior notification and been allowed time to make sure i had all the files from my original account downloaded before the change of hands.

Hi. I founded and used to own FSGenesis. Around March 17, 2013 I handed over the keys to the FSG Store, and it has been under new management ever since. I had some ideas to ease the transition and thought it appropriate to make some sort of announcement to inform the community of the change of hands, but the new ownership wanted it kept under the radar. They had their way of doing things, so I sort of drifted away from it. There should have been a 60-day notice I would think, and I am quite surprised there wasn't adequate notice. Bottom line is that i have no control over FSGenesis any more. I am merely a developer whose work is distributed via the FSGenesis brand. My work, but not mine anymore.

Meanwhile I downsized considerably and landed in SW Colorado in late July.  Needed a hiatus from flightsim business and have done various work out here from merchandizer, dishwasher, taxi driver, to common laborer on various construction sites. I started in the gym back in early October and the past eight months have put on 22 lbs of lean muscle, six pack, and lowered my BMI to under 10.0. Lean and strong. Not bad for pushing 60. :-)  Have also managed to complete revisions on my first book, a collection of poetry, The Chrysalis on Amazon and at Tymetraveller. Have a second book almost ready, just short of a preface. Just in case anyone might be interested, but maybe that presumtuous lol.

I have kept my toe in the development waters during the past year, having completed NextMap Central America, Southern Andes, Cuba, Australia, with China coming up. But the royalties from those products have not yet risen to any amount that a person can live on. So I've taken on many low-wage jobs along the way to make ends meet. 

But having taken this hiatus in a beautiful region of this Earth, cleared my head through many jaunts and trail wandering through primitive nature, reconnected, gained good health. and generally ready to refresh my involvement in flightsim.  Toposim.net is my new venue for work, focusing on smaller custom jobs with a quick-turn-around, fixing airport plateaus with custom-blended terrain mesh.

I realize that some of you feel short-changed in your "lifetime" membership. At this point all I can do is offer apology.  While the initial intent was good, and a good deal, the mathematics of it doomed it from the start the longer it went on. I'm sorry it didn't turn out as expected. And there are other things about the transition from my end that haven't turned out as expected. I'll just leave that at that.

In any case, I'm hoping to go forward in the realization that you can't change the past. So, if anyone knows of annoying airport plateaus anywhere in the flightsim world and would like to get them fixed, Toposim.net is now accepting commissioned projects. We also have a small collection of finished products to get started.

I would love to start moving more of my time back into flightsim development, if there is a market out there for the type of reasonably-priced custom development I do and low-prices I have, I am again at your service and hopes that the 2.0 iteration turns out better than its predecessor.

Justin Tyme

Toposim.net

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net