Sign in to follow this  
starxo

List of aircrafts working in shared cockpit?

Hello!

Me and a friend of mine just discovered this way to share cockpit, through the Hamachi network setup. As we already knew, most aircrafts did not support this. However, we found some planes that actually did, so I thought that we could list all aircrafts that we know works 100% through this way of sharing the cockpit. As I started this thread, I begin. Please add all planes you have tried so that we can share experiences. 

- Carenado C172

- Carenado C182

- Carenado B200 King Air

Best Regards 

Simon S

Hmm.... there's only one way to find out! Would be interesting to know....

Don't forget, all default planes work as well, just connect by setting up a LAN connection

Jay

Oh yes they do, has anyone managed to get Aerosoft Airbus X working properly?

After some research I've found out that some more aircrafts should be working properly:

- Maddog MD80

- Fokker 100 (not sure about the developer)

I think the Majestic Software Dash-8 Q400 might also have shared cockpit support.

Yes, I think the Pro edition supports that through it's own software? 

The Dash 8 Q400 cannot be shared, it will work perfectly for the PIC, but for the co-pilot the nose will appear under the ground.... it doesn't work :D

The pro version can be shared but only with the supplied software.

Nothing with custom programmed systems is going to work unless the developer includes their own networking system with it - FSX doesn't "know" about those systems and thus can't share them between two users.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi all,

I am actually very interested in sharing over the internet the cockpit of Carenado planes (Bonanza F33a, anybody?) but until now I had no clue how to do it .

The experience I am looking for is to flight from the left seat while a more experienced friend sits on the right seat of the same plane, even if he is an ocean away.

Could this be achieved with the Hamachi network mentioned in this thread?

Could anybody have the patience to guide me through the process? Or to point me to the right link?

thanks!

Hi all,

I am actually very interested in sharing over the internet the cockpit of Carenado planes (Bonanza F33a, anybody?) but until now I had no clue how to do it .

The experience I am looking for is to flight from the left seat while a more experienced friend sits on the right seat of the same plane, even if he is an ocean away.

Could this be achieved with the Hamachi network mentioned in this thread?

Could anybody have the patience to guide me through the process? Or to point me to the right link?

thanks!

Kermit, good day sir, well, i use Hamachi to make my flights with a friend, and works fine, just download it (and ask your friend to do the same),create a "new room" at hamachi,  then you open FSX, (if you are hosting) Host a Session at multiplayer (LAN, the IP number that you will give for your friend, is the "HAMACHI ONE) And configure your flight (a/c, weather, location, etc), DO NOT forget to mark "Share My Cockpit" and to say to your friend that he couldn´t mark it, JUST YOU (AS HOST) after this, you should be at "Briefing Room" tell your friend to connect it and, he doesn´t need to choose an aircraft or nothing els, just "JOIN AIRCRAFT" and you should be ok to fly together.

About Carenado ones, i could tell that works fine, i didn´t test it on Bonanza, but Arrow, Baron, Seneca (including the HD generation, phenom, tbm, etc) works fine here!! Good luck and sorry about my english, regards from Brazil!

Thank you Zarapeiro!

Just to be clear: can you both virtually sit in the same cockpit and independently control the same aircraft with this?

Let's say: I look on the left side of the plane on my screen, looking for an airstrip down below while working my stick-and-rudder, while the other guy looks at the radio stack of the same aircraft and tunes at right frequencies so that we both listen to the same ATIS (for example) in our headphone?

Is a scenario like this possible?

Do you have (or know of) any videos showing this?

many thanks again!

Thank you Zarapeiro!

Just to be clear: can you both virtually sit in the same cockpit and independently control the same aircraft with this?

Let's say: I look on the left side of the plane on my screen, looking for an airstrip down below while working my stick-and-rudder, while the other guy looks at the radio stack of the same aircraft and tunes at right frequencies so that we both listen to the same ATIS (for example) in our headphone?

Is a scenario like this possible?

Do you have (or know of) any videos showing this?

many thanks again!

Well Kermit. Currently, when i fly with a friend i connect with hamachi the shared cockpit and ONE OF US connect at ivan network (ivao), so, i don´t know if your friend "tunes the ATIS" both of you will hear it, in ivao for example i ask my friend to connect on Teamspeak manuallly (he doesn´t connected on IVAO) and i tune the atc frequencie at ivap. 

But yes this scenario is very possible and fun. Remember, that you "have the controls and comm, and systems your "copilot" will have JUST the communications and systems, not the primary controls, but you can pass the controls to him pressing SHIFT + T, and he have to accept, pressing SHIFT + T too