Sign in to follow this  
LMMLSptr

PMDG T7 not following route

Hi, 

I'm trying out the PMDG 777 I bought a few months ago, and I'm encountering a few problems with the route and TOGA,

- ON takeoff, The T7 is not following the route and keeps going in circles or else in zig-zags, I followed many tutorials, to no avail.

- On takeoff, when I press TOGA, it doesn't accelerate and I have to abort until it works.

Hope to hear from someone soon,

Jake Meilak

Oh, I know what might be causing the zig-zagging, do you use Active Sky? 

As far as the altitude problem, you mean to tell me with the AP engaged, you can't even select an altitude in the MCP, hit VS and go to that altitude?

Oh, I know what might be causing the zig-zagging, do you use Active Sky? 

As far as the altitude problem, you mean to tell me with the AP engaged, you can't even select an altitude in the MCP, hit VS and go to that altitude?

Indeed I do use activesky!

Re. Alt, Isn't Autopilot supposed to climb alone?

Indeed I do use activesky!

Depending on the version (AS2012, ASX, ASE, etc), if you use DWC, this can cause issues.

On takeoff, when I press TOGA, it doesn't accelerate and I have to abort until it works.

Make sure you have the right throttle override setting for how you'd like to operate the aircraft.  The various settings are explained in the intro manual.

Re. Alt, Isn't Autopilot supposed to climb alone?

Yes and no.  If on VNAV, it will not climb above (or descent below) the altitude set in the altitude window.  Additionally, it's considered good practice, regardless, to set an altitude in the window before beginning a climb or descent, in order to ensure that the climb/descent will terminate at that altitude.  CFIT is real.

Kyle Rodgers

Depending on the version (AS2012, ASX, ASE, etc), if you use DWC, this can cause issues.

Make sure you have the right throttle override setting for how you'd like to operate the aircraft.  The various settings are explained in the intro manual.

Yes and no.  If on VNAV, it will not climb above (or descent below) the altitude set in the altitude window.  Additionally, it's considered good practice, regardless, to set an altitude in the window before beginning a climb or descent, in order to ensure that the climb/descent will terminate at that altitude.  CFIT is real.

I've got AS2012 and will check on  that

Will look into this too

So I should set 37000ft on the AP instead of initial climb?

So I should set 37000ft on the AP instead of initial climb?

Re-read what I wrote  :wink:

"Additionally, it's considered good practice, regardless, to set an altitude in the window before beginning a climb or descent, in order to ensure that the climb/descent will terminate at that altitude."

ATC is expecting you to terminate your climb at the altitude you've been cleared to.  If the last cleared altitude was your initial climb...?

Answer: You'd want to leave it at your initial climb, until cleared higher.

Kyle Rodgers

Re-read what I wrote  :wink:

"Additionally, it's considered good practice, regardless, to set an altitude in the window before beginning a climb or descent, in order to ensure that the climb/descent will terminate at that altitude."

ATC is expecting you to terminate your climb at the altitude you've been cleared to.  If the last cleared altitude was your initial climb...?

Answer: You'd want to leave it at your initial climb, until cleared higher.

Sorry 'bout that, Am currently trying your solution out! FIngers crossed hehe

All working, Turbulence was the prob and fixed via .cfg

Excellent! This was the issue I encountered as well. Glad you got it fixed.