I'm getting a bit tired of the Saitek throttle quadrants.

Pulled one apart the other day and cleaned the pots.  Mission accomplished, but what a pain.  It's back to brand new, which means that it still has a slight amount of noise, good enough mostly, but not as accurate as I would like for setting power on certain multi-engined planes.

So maybe it's time for something new, and I'm looking at the GoFlight TQ6 (non-Adv), the one with 4 throttles.  Do owners of this quadrant feel it is worth the money?

-Any problems setting it up?

-Any issues with FSUIPC?

-Is it heavy enough to sit on a surface (like the Warthog throttle) or are mounting screws/brackets mandatory?  Definitely not going to blow money on their mounting racks...

-Durability over time?

-Accurate/noisy jitter free?

-Easy to Calibrate?/All 4 levers more or less synched up when in the same position?

-Can it be converted into the "Advanced TQ6" with the purchase of the 737 levers w/thrust reversers, Go Around, AT disconnect button?  Basically it's the same thing, just different lever package?

-Is there any interference or problems between the main throttle levers and the psuedo-reverser-buttons which share an "axis"?

-Anything else I should know when considering this controller?

Thanks.

I'm getting a bit tired of the Saitek throttle quadrants.

Pulled one apart the other day and cleaned the pots.  Mission accomplished, but what a pain.  It's back to brand new, which means that it still has a slight amount of noise, good enough mostly, but not as accurate as I would like for setting power on certain multi-engined planes.

So maybe it's time for something new, and I'm looking at the GoFlight TQ6 (non-Adv), the one with 4 throttles.  Do owners of this quadrant feel it is worth the money?

-Any problems setting it up?

-Any issues with FSUIPC?

-Is it heavy enough to sit on a surface (like the Warthog throttle) or are mounting screws/brackets mandatory?  Definitely not going to blow money on their mounting racks...

-Durability over time?

-Accurate/noisy jitter free?

-Easy to Calibrate?/All 4 levers more or less synched up when in the same position?

-Can it be converted into the "Advanced TQ6" with the purchase of the 737 levers w/thrust reversers, Go Around, AT disconnect button?  Basically it's the same thing, just different lever package?

-Is there any interference or problems between the main throttle levers and the psuedo-reverser-buttons which share an "axis"?

-Anything else I should know when considering this controller?

Thanks.

I've had this piece of gear for about 10 years now and it has seen a lot of use. Basically, I've been satisfied with it as it brings a level of immersion I was looking for. But now after 10 years it is pretty well shot. The controls are really loose and sloppy and the pots need to be replaced. Unfortunately they are soldered onto the board so there is no real easy way to replace them. There are six slots on the quadrant and two of mine are inop at this point. It does need attachment to a solid foundation. It's actually smaller in physical size than maybe it appears on the web. I don't use FSUIPC to calibrate anything but I had no problem setting it up as per the install instructions. Mine does not have any buttons. If you mean the reverser levers, they work fine. Funny though because I have a second rig on which I am using the Saitek quadrant and so far I really like it. It is very precise and noise free so, but then again it is brand new. I have two of them ganged together with a trim wheel and it works very nicely. I guess I would like the Go-Flight a lot more if I could easily refurb it. But it really comes down to personal preference, as does so much in this hobby. Hope this helps.

-Is it heavy enough to sit on a surface (like the Warthog throttle) or are mounting screws/brackets mandatory?

It is quite light weight.

You will definitely have to bolt it down somehow.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.