Sign in to follow this  
ac5

New 767 coming round the corner

Well, what we customers would like, any day now, would be guess..... Planes! :-jumpyAnd no more previews wich strech over YEARS....:-erks AC5

Bob and Troy:Both of you are way off track and, in this case, grossly uninformed, so just to clarify this quickly:Nothing, repeat, nothing at eflightmanuals violates the Arms Export Control Act of 1976 OR any other law for that matter. Nothing on their website is classified, or even confidential. Furthermore, nothing on their website can be construed as a "dual-use" item or "munition", thereby export restricted. All of the information provided is freely available to anyone who wants it without legal recourse. As a rule of thumb, all declassified information is available to anyone who has the resources to attain it and is not limited in the vast majority of cases to US Citizens.While these aircraft are still in service what remains classified are certain electronic components as well as certain weapon systems that are a component part of the weapons platform. The aircraft itself is NOT a weapons system. Equally, the assigned missions are also classified in many cases.Interestingly enough, certain types of encryption such as NSA-1 (KIV7), AES, or 3DES are all considered munitions and subject to export controls because they can be used to transmit data in such a way that could cause a breach of national security, but interestingly enough, A C-17 Globemaster flight manual is NOT. Now, of course, if one were to have a manual on certain electronics suites associated with certain aircraft one would find that the cars pulling into your driveway ain't your grandma coming over for Sunday dinner (unless your grandma usually wears a tactical uniform and carries an MP-5 :-lol)So the bottom line is, Clay, as a retired USAF officer, has done nothing that even remotely could be construed as causing a breach of national security. Furthermore, being that I know Clay as an Officer and a Gentlemen, I will say that Clay's actions are above reproach in this matter...period.How, do I know all this? Well.... let's just say, I do.Clay - If you read this, I am in Prague until March 15th and have VERY limited access to a puter or email (I have been traveling throughout much of Jan and Fed). I will call you when I get back stateside...I didn't mean to forget about you. I even had to email this message to my son for him to post on the forum since I can't log in without cookies from here. :-P Sorry, for the off-topic rant everyone.Mike T.

Guest B52Drivr

Michael,I've wondered where you've been -- OK, I see you're off on another wonderful juant for the team . . . Ok #2, all is forgiven, as I do know about the 'you have to go NOW, you have 1 hr to pack'.Please get in touch when you get back stateside, we've got alot of catching up to do. And stay safe, my friend.Oh, and OK #3, , I thought I felt someone at my back . . . , thanks Bro. Love ya and stay safe.Drachttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest mikealpha

>Hello Alex / CS,>>And what about the 707 ? Will it be left in that state and>that's it ?>Or can we expect a second patch ?>>MikeWell, no answer is also an answer. The dedication of CS to their 707 is certainly no advertisement for coming products.Mike

Guest tooohip

I'll never fly another Captain Sim product again! Not even if I got it for free!They are pathetic and the customer service is worse!Captainsim = "JOKE!"

>Bob and Troy:>>Both of you are way off track and, in this case, grossly>uninformed, so just to clarify this quickly:>>Nothing, repeat, nothing at eflightmanuals violates the Arms>Export Control Act of 1976 OR any other law for that matter. >Nothing on their website is classified, or even confidential. >Furthermore, nothing on their website can be construed as a>"dual-use" item or "munition", thereby export restricted. So you say.You might want to research the U.S. Munitions List, Category VIII, subcategories (a) and (i). Any aircraft designed, modified, or equipped for bombing, and the technical data/defense services for the same are listed defense articles in the USML, which triggers AECA protection. Classification has nothing to do with it. (BTW, "confidential" is still classified).The USML is available on the electronic Code of Federal Regulations website. Look for Title 22, Part 121.What I see going on strikes me as wrong at a very basic level. Not surprising at all that such a wrong would be a felony as well.Bob

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest Captain Sim

>>Hello Alex / CS,>>>>And what about the 707 ? Will it be left in that state and>>that's it ?>>Or can we expect a second patch ?>>>>MikeHello Mike,It's kinda offtopic, but what would you like to see in the 707 second service pack?We always monitor our customers feedback and release patches if many people report same issues. Our 727 got 5 updates, the F104 - two, the 707 one so far.http://www.captainsim.net/pix/avsim_forum.gifwww.captainsim.com

>Hello Mike,>It's kinda offtopic, but what would you like to see in the 707>second service pack?>>http://www.captainsim.net/pix/avsim_forum.gif>www.captainsim.comSorry this is a bit off topic:What do you mean Alex what we like to see in the 707 second service pack? All the points/bugs were stated on the CS Forum!!! How much clearer could it get?

John Sark

This is exactly the kind of attitude that makes me crawl up the wall: the 707 was released in November, and for all intents and purposes support for this JUST RECENTLY RELEASED BUGGY PROGRAM has vanished. In any other business, these guys would be run out of town on a rail. But, no, Captain Sim marches on like Napoleon, oblivious to their customers. Why avsim and other sites are giving them a platform to advertise their vapor ware, is completely beyond me. It truly boggles the mind.ricardo

Vapor Ware..... :-mad And oblivious to their customers...... :-( Previewing Vapor Ware planes for years..... (Herc).............. Even MS is faster.... They release a sim version more often than CS planes...(Herc).............. :( AC5

Guest Agamemnon

"What I see going on strikes me as wrong at a very basic level. Not surprising at all that such a wrong would be a felony as well"AbsolutelyTroy

Guest MarkM

Guys, isn't this ridiculous? Many people (and me personally) do not have any problems with CS products and their support. Go and get planes from those who release 1 plane per week and enjoy them! I'll wait for C-130 patiently because I'm sure it is worth waiting!

Guest panda234

I'm waiting patiently to see what kind of interesting geographical formations are formed from the next ice age. It will be an interesting time, all kinds of new scenery to fly over and a new plane--the CS Herc--to fly over them with. billg

No Markm, I do agree with you that the Herk is going to be worth waiting...And no problem with support here too.Surely a top-notch fabolous product as all the great CS planes (wich I own them all).But the point is: If we have to wait more than two years (development time for a new version of MS FS) for a planewich has been previewed over and over.... Then we'll be flying it when we're all old! And it is going to be the version for the previous MSFS, and here we go again with the hassle of updating all the planes.....Moreover... those great screenshots 9 months old of the 767.... Ridicolous! Why 9 months old? It takes 15 seconds to make a new screenshot! If the plane is "well in progress" why not take 6 minutes time to make 20 new screenshots....Vapor ware.... Too many projecte, too similar (767 and 757)and no planes coming out! Just renderings and nice screenshots...This is not enough! Fried air!AC5

Guest jetBlue_83

panda234, that is the funniest thing I've heard all day!!! (yes, I posted with nothing constructive to add to the thread)