Sign in to follow this  
ac5

New 767 coming round the corner

>Hi All,>thanks for the comments.>>Just wanted to drop a line to let you know, that we are OK,>even if it looks like we are dead :)> >Web site? Right, our web server is under construction,>we rebuilt all the system from a scratch, that's why it took>so long. Now it's almost done and should be online very soon.>>As soon as it's up we won't be dead quiet anymore. Regular>newsletters with updates, progress reports, frequent pre-views>will be available. >>The 767? Yeah... it's going to be a top notch product.>As you know, one of us (Sergey) is still flying the 767 all>over the world, and he is not just a tester-consultant, he's a>big part of the big job. Obviously we are not going to point>any difference with other 767 project... people got eyes and>own opinion.> >Extensive manuals? Good point, but we were so sick and tired>of those endless manuals from our real life flying experience,>so we thought the shorter manual the better ;). But if people>like huge ones they will get the huge ones starting with the>upcoming Herk. >>Other projects in developments? Believe me, they do not>affect the Herk production at all. BTW, their pre-views are on>the way as well. >>The Herk itself? Doing just great! Expect HUGE (I mean>it!) pre-view. It is all done and sitting on my HD waiting for>the new web site launching day.>>Thanks, stay tuned...>>Ok, here's one screen from the upcoming Herk pre-view: Just>imagine that Herks take-off song....huuuuuuuuuuuuuu>>http://www.captainsim.net/preview/130_a42f.jpg>>>http://www.captainsim.com/logo_n.gif>www.captainsim.comLooks extremly nice. I know it probably wont ever happen, and this is the first time i have ever asked a payware developer this, but if you guys ever want a Beta that has much FS experience, let me know. I spend 5-8 hours a day mondya-friday. On the weekend, atleast 8 hours minimum. If a need for a beta ever comes though, let me know. Id be more than happy to do it ofcourse... :-):-wave keep up the great work guys!

Guest Captain Sim

Clay,saw your posting after I posted mine.Just wanted to say hello, thanks for all your input and support. Your BUFF manual copy (thanks again!) is gonna have busy days with our programmers soon ;)Best,Alex http://www.captainsim.com/logo_n.gifwww.captainsim.com

Guest EddieDee

The word on the PIC forum is that the LDS767 release is imminent.....In the cost accounting world your development would be referred to as a sunk cost.

Great. However Im still waiting for their C-130. Level D sims will have the definitive 767 anyway!

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Captain Sim,With all due respect, Level D is going to capture this market. There won't be enough sales to make it worthwhile, so why don't you focus on the 757. This airplane will sell, and with the minimal differences between the two,(I can help) it won't require a lot (if any) redevelopment.(aside from creating a model). If you need 757 books, I'd be willing to help.Greg/CYYZ

Guest Eurosky

You might wanne check the wingroot. And well, the paint looks a bit blurry, not sure why, maybe too much dirt and too "thick" lines.

Guest B52Drivr

Dear Alex,Nice to hear from you -- glad that CS is still around and making plans for the future. I wish to state very publicly that in many areas, your software has been outstanding and that NO item of FS software has EVER been perfect, not even my much touted DF 727.All of it is relative to when it is produced, for which market, (FS has several, eye candy, click and fly, semi procedural and full procedural such as some PIC models.) NOTE: even the full procedural items like the PMDG and such are NOT complete because of the limitations of MSFS.Stating that, to compare perhaps the 'click and fly' with a full procedural is just a waste of time as both are for totally different markets and simmers.In the visuals department, CS has most likely surpassed just about everyone else with it's stunning graphics, and in many instances it's full aray of instrumentation -- the Legendary 727, although hampered with some flight dynamics problems was a MAJOR breakthrough for FS2002, and because it WAS so good, we bought it, learned to live with its limitations and enjoyed the #### out of it for years past what other aircraft survive in the FS industry.Nothing lasts forever, nothing is perfect and everything can always be improved upon. In the simming hobby we have become spoiled by 'I want it now, I want it perfect and I want it for nothing . . . or next to nothing.' In the real world, 'that dog just doesn't hunt'.Many of us look forward to your next offering, no matter if it is the C-130, 757, 767 Buff or whatever. You, (as I am sure you already know), cannot please everyone all of the time, much less the majority, most of the time. So, knowing that, build it the best you can for what you are going to charge and stand on the products merits.Give us again, your outstanding visuals, as accurate a flight model as possible, and a good array of functioning instruments in a well put together package and the faithful shall return.Everyone should keep in mind, in the FS business, as in any business, not all decisions are good ones, and not every project turnes out as anticipated. Some business's which have been around for half a century or better have gone by the wayside because of economic pressures . . . the FS business is no different. Times now are a bit tough, but obviously CS has plans to be here in the future. I for one, will look forward to your next offering and judge it on 'it's' merits when it is released. I for one also hope it is 'outstanding' not only for CS but for the simmers who desire to own such an offering. Wishing you and yours the best in all your future projects.Sincerely,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest mikealpha

Hello Alex / CS,And what about the 707 ? Will it be left in that state and that's it ?Or can we expect a second patch ?Mike

Well, this should be an interesting one to watch. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would try to go head-to-head with the LDS767. We'll know tomorrow (more probably tonight) just how well the LDS aircraft flies. How long will it be until we see how well the CS equivalent flies? Anyone taking bets? DougEdited 'cause I can't spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Alex, Haven't heard from you since I got the new job and moved. Can you drop me an E-mail about the BUFF project please. I'd still like to help out in anyway I can as we discussed before. Heck, I'm sure Clay will vouch for me! LOL :-cool -Jason Peters E-3 AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief) Jason.Peters@cox.nethttp://www.feelthere.com/banner/erjpilot.jpg

"where no attention was paid to professionals who have really flown this aircraft, who have offered up their time for beta testing to help get it right"I can't agree more Clay. The 707 was a big let down for me, both as a technical advisor to the team, beta member, and most of all a customer. I still feel CS could have done so much better!However, I also understand that whole project was coming to light as CS was having a hard time with moves, and other things which I'm quite sure I have no understanding of. I think we as simmers, or customers just hope that CS learned from it. I for one will be waiting for their next project with an open mind.-Jason Peters E-3 AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief) Jason.Peters@cox.nethttp://www.feelthere.com/banner/erjpilot.jpg

Guest EddieDee

According to Wade Chafe of LDS a 757 addon for the LDS767 will be done at some point! :) Who-hoo.

Well, I will stand up as a loyal Captain Sim supporter. I bought the 727 when it was a couple of months old, and flew the rear end off it for years. Its given me endless hours of pleasure. I bought the Yak, and the Starfighter - and although they don't see as much flight time as they used to, I still value them as superb addons.I was lucky enough to be selected to receive the 707 beta from Captain Sim, but sadly (for me, as it probably means I won't be afforded the same privilege again in the future!) I wasn't accessing the email account that it went to for several months, and therefore it was about to be released by the time I got to try it out. I bought it on release, and still fly it regularly - coupled with the CIVA INS, much like the 727, it brings hours of enjoyment. Granted, apparently there are things about it that people take issue with, but I can't find any that bother me. Perhaps I'm easy to please.The C-130 is the addon that I have been looking forward to the most, for as long as I can remember. I will buy it as soon as it hits the virtual shelf. No question. My faith that it will be the most outstanding reproduction of the Herc is unaffected by anyone elses 'dim' view of Captain Sim. I can't wait to get it.As for 767's - Well, I am looking forward to the Project Opensky model. Its not on my list of priorities for payware purchases. But that doesn't mean that I won't be buying future Captain Sim products past the C-130. I'll continue to keep an eye out for each Captain Sim release.Keep up the good work Captain Sim!Regards,Al Summers.P.S. And if you ever thought of producing a Tristar...:-)

Guest Keyser Soze

Hello Captain Sim,I own two of your products - 727 Pro and Legendary 707. They are really superb add-on's! Graphically they hardly find a competition. I can't still stand those "realistic" overhead and engineer 2D panels though! The buttons and gauges on the far sides are very hard to read and I would welcome classic flat panels like PMDG or PSS do. From many forums I know I'm not alone in this opinion. So please consider this solution in your future aircraft!I'm not a marketing expert and you're the company and I'm the customer but is it really wise to work on B767 when LDS has just released one? I don't have it yet but from the first customer feedbacks on the Level-D forum it looks like a top class quality. I'm not sure if I want to buy two same aircraft, I would rather wait for something that is not on the market yet, like B717 or B757.But don't get me wrong. The Captain Sim brand means top quality products for me and probably for many others too and I'm still very looking forward to your new FS add-on's. At least I'm happy you all didn't get lost somewhere in Amazon forest :-spacecraft