Sign in to follow this  
nicksort

Is Carenado B1900D HD compatible w/ P3dv2

I have been looking for a nice regional airliner for P3DV2 and the selection list is short. I was hoping the PMG J41 would be available by now but it isn't so I have continued to look around. I have searched around and cannot find anything on the Carenado B1900D HD being compatible with P3dv2, does anyone have it and can comment on the what does NOT work?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a plane this size?

Thank you

Nick Sciortino

Yes it is.

I am ready to buy myself, but want to read a review or two first. There seems to be a tiny amount of literature on this baby.

I also wish that my JS4100 would be ported over, but from the comments, it doesn't look like it will which is a shame, as it is my absolute favorite addon I have ever had.

Yes it is.

I am ready to buy myself, but want to read a review or two first. There seems to be a tiny amount of literature on this baby.

I also wish that my JS4100 would be ported over, but from the comments, it doesn't look like it will which is a shame, as it is my absolute favorite addon I have ever had.

I agree, the JS41 is the perfect Regional for short trips.

I am still afraid to purchase the B1900 unless a few come forward with their results. I have been reading that there are planes that say they are P3d ready but they do not list which version and if there are any issues.

Nick Sciortino

Yes, Carenado B1900D runs very nicely in P3D V2.2

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Yes, Carenado B1900D runs very nicely in P3D V2.2

Agreed, its runs perfectly.

Thank you all

I did purchase the B1900 and it is very nice and I was happy to see that it came with 3 different install options including P3dv2.

I tried to take a short flight with it and to my embarrassment I will admit that I need to learn how to prepare and fly a Turbo Prop, after 17yrs of not flying props I am completely lost.

Nick Sciortino

Yes it is.

We did a review earlier in the month

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/reviews/aircraft/carenado-b1900d-r2283

Thank you for that link!

I totally forgot that we have a whole review section here.

Just an update - I actually made a short flight without a crash or stall. Getting used to the Trim wheel and slowing way down before decent is going to be the big learning challenge for me. Years ago I set the sim as auto mix and never worried about it, boy was I wrong. The B1900 is extremely sensitive as I make each change and I am enjoying this learning curve.

Nick Sciortino

Once you're a bit more comfortable, try the Majestic Dash 8 Q400. Brilliant regional turboprop. It's almost compatible with P3Dv2.

I took the plunge from being a pretty mediocre GA sim pilot to a pretty mediocre regional turboprop sim pilot, but now I am beginning to understand how all the charts, navigation, SIDs and STARs and flight and fuel planning ties in.

With the B1900D you're unfortunately stuck with the default FSX 2007/2008 airac cycle, so it might be a bit difficult matching up charts and waypoints compared to planes that take updated navigation but regional airliners are a great tool to improve your flying. For me personally I've learned a lot since getting the Q400, certainly with some great great great tutorial videos on YouTube and through Airline2Sim.

Funny you should mention that, I did also purchase the Q400.

But I have not had the time to install it as of yet.

Nick Sciortino

I have not found one issue with the Q400 in P3Dv2, and you are correct, it is absolutely the best turboprop out there, and I would say is in the top 3 of best aircraft addons. At least my list.