Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

FSX Stopped logging my flights in Pilot Log book?

Hi guys,  I have been tweaking my fsx.cfg lately and recently adopted some changes based on recommendations.  None of those that I am aware of (AM fix, bufferpools, the usual suspects.) would cause my pilot log to stop working.   is there a setting in the config files that turns pilot log on or off?  Maybe in advertently changed something?

Thanks

Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

@Eric

Glad you posed this question. Because I too lost mine after carrying out a Bojote Tweak.

It has nothing to do with any tweaks.  The log book may get corrupted from time to time.

Download the "FSX logbook recovery" by Daniel Van Os and follow his instructions.  Works every time.

I'm not sure where I picked up the little program.  Could be in the Avsim library or do a google search.

Should resolve the logbook problem.

Alexander Alonso

Thanks guys!!!  that fixed the problem.    Amazing that we all keep a virtual tool chest of applications to service a 50 dollar sim.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Thanks guys!!!  that fixed the problem.    Amazing that we all keep a virtual tool chest of applications to service a 50 dollar sim.

+++1

Thanks.. I've had that problem about every 6 mths.. didnt know about that little fix..  I also keep a copy of the logbook.bin file after every 5 hrs of instrument / night  flying as a backup, as it also gets corrupted somehow rather too frequently resulting in FSX freezing in the initial blue screen on FSX startup. Before doing that I never ever got past about 20 hrs without having to start from scratch again.

Giving it a Thumbs Up in 2017. Still works perfectly and Thanks very much for this.

My log stopped logging flights a month ago.

The very handy utility (in the Avsim Libarary - link above) recovered them all.