Sign in to follow this  
Adam Reed

New to P3D, Stutters

Hi Steve

I will try that for sure, once my SSD arrives

My GTX770 arrived today and is  already installed, but I have Un installed FSX and P3D awaiting the SSD.

Cheers

Adam

Check my PC specs if you wish - mine is quite old (GPU is a bit newer).

I completely uninstalled FSX last weekend and did a clean install of P3D V2.2.

I unticked Tesselation on the first Graphics window and HDR on Lighting window. These make little difference to my visual experience but alot of difference in FPS and smoothness on my clean setup. I only run with 3000m Object Shadows and Shadow quality on LOW. 

Most other settings are middle NORMAL settings (autogen etc). No traffic although even with some boats and cars it makes little FPS difference.

I have made no changes to the Prepar3d.cfg, no "affinity mask" and run UNLIMITED FPS with VSYNC on (in sim - no external limiters).

I get average 60fps very smooth 90% of the time. Only goes under 30fps if the ASN weather is heavy or I switch "cloud shadows" on (looks nice but not a deal killer for me). But even at 20-30fps the sim still gives me a good experience.

This is all with FTX Global and Vector installed and ASN with the freeware HDR cloud textures (much nicer and realistic than default with less FPS impact).

SSD will definitely help everything load more quickly.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

That's interesting, I can't wait to get the SSD and reinstall it all now. I have Rex 4 texture direct which will be my textures and Opus for the weather engine (Love them both in FSX)

Also FTX Global (yet to get Vector), so looking forward to it.

Adam

"That's interesting, I can't wait to get the SSD and reinstall it all now. I have Rex 4 texture direct which will be my textures and Opus for the weather engine (Love them both in FSX)"

SSD world of difference - get one asap Adam

Rich Sennett

I have P3D on a Revodrive and still suffer from stutters, I can reduce them, but still there. Might try a driver rollback.